Google drive is a google platform that provides software as a service(SAAS) to google users. It is a cloud computing platform where users can store, back up data and work on computer files on the cloud.
Google drive has indeed made the reality of cloud computing an everyday life with its drive because of the provision of storage spaces that can be use by individual and organizational use.
15 gig free data space to all Gmail subscribers.
100 gig for 1.99 dollars per month.
1 terabyte for 9.99 dollars per month.
10 terabyte plus for 99.99 dollars per month.
- Backup Files.
- Send Files.
- Access Documents.
- Share Photos and Videos with Your Contacts.
- Open and Edit Various documents.
Google Drive Login: How to Log in
Follow the steps below to learn how to loginon your device.
Login on Computer
- Open your browser.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Sign in with you google username and password.
Login on Android
- Go to android play store.
- Type google drive in the search box.
- click on the google drive symbol.
- download google drive app.
- sign in with google username and password.
Files can be uploaded to google drive from all devices, can be shared and edited on the internet. However uploaded files takes up memory allocation on the drive.
Co workers can easily edit a single file remotely. The platform allows upload, storage and share of various files including Documents, Images, Audio and Video.
How to upload files
Drag and drop
- Go to https://drive.google.com
- Click on Open or Create a folder
- Then click and Drag files/folders to the space provided.
How to Create a Google Drive File
- Log into google drive.
- Click on the New button on the left top corner.
- Click on the type of file you wan to create.
Note: users can create google document, spreadsheets, photo slides, forms etc. all through the add new button.
Sharing files from Drive
- Go to platform http://drive.google.com/ login page and sign in.
- Click the folder/file to share.
- Click Share button on the top right corner.
- Type the email address of the user you want to share the document with in the box provided
- Click Send