Today’s article revolves around How to use Google Drive. Most times, you save files, videos and even photos on your phone and memory card and the next thing you see is “Memory full”. Saving photos, videos on the phone or memory card is not really safe.
The reason is that your phone or memory can misplace or get damaged at any time. Annoying right? Do you know there are still other methods to have your pictures and videos safe without any crash? Well, I bring you “GoogleDrive”.
This is file storage as well as a synchronization service developed by Google. The service was launched on the 24th of April, 2012.
It is a service that enables its users to store their files on their servers, share files, and also synchronize files across devices. Google Drive is really a very safe place to store all of your files.
How to download and install GoogleDrive on the iPhone, iPad, and Android.
On the iPhone or iPad:
- Visit the App Store.
- Then input “Google Drive” into the search bar and search.
- Once the results are shown, click on the one you want.
- Next, click on “Get”.
- Finally, click on “Install” to start installing the app.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Next, enter “GoogleDrive” into the search bar and search.
- Once your result is out, click on it.
- To now download the app, click on “Install”.
How do I Sign in to Google Drive?
- Go to any web browser of your choice and input “drive.google.com” into the search bar and search. You will automatically be redirected to Google’s Sign In screen where you will sign in.
- Next, input your Google e-mail address and password.
- You will have to click on the “Stay Signed in” box if you want your browser to log you in any time you visit the Google Drive.
- Then click on “Sign In” to see your GoogleDrive.
How to use Google Drive.
- Go to the Play Store and download the “GoogleDrive App”.
- Click on the “+” sign and click on “Upload”.
- Next, is to choose and click on the files you wish to upload and click “Upload”.
- You can now view uploaded files in “My Drive”.
On iPad or iPhone:
- Go to the App Store and download the “GoogleDrive App”.
- Click on the “+” sign or click on “Add”.
- Next, is to click on “upload” then choose and click on the files you wish to upload.
- Then click on the photos or videos you wish to upload.
- Tap “Upload”.
- Visit any web browser and enter “google.com” using the search bar. You will see ” My Drive”. It includes Sheets, Google Docs, Slides, and forms that you create and files and folders you upload or sync.
- Now click on “New > File Upload” and choose the file you want to upload.
- Open or create a folder to upload files. To do that, drag them into the Google Drive folder.
- If you choose to use the Backup and Sync, you will have to install the application on your computer.
- You will see a folder called “GoogleDrive” on your computer. Just drag the files or folders into that folder. It will automatically upload to drive and you will also see them on “google.com”.