2 step verification in Gmail has proven to be a more reliable level of security. Most web and computer application companies are now following the trend of setting up this option in their services.
Means with only my gmail email login details it is still impossible for a hacker to gain access to my mails. That so cool I guess but you have to set it up to get it running.
Mikiguru is here to guide you through as always.
Set up 2 Step Verification in Gmail
Firstly you have to decide if you want a voice or text verification.
- Sign into your Google account on https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Enter you gmail address, click next.
- Next input gmail password, click next.
- On the left side of the next screen click on security with a padlock icon
- Scroll down and click on two step verification.
- On the next screen click on get started. Keep the bad guys out!!
- On the next screen you will be prompted to enter you password again.
- Verify your number, verify the mode you want (You can select Text message to receive a code in text form, or you can click Phone call to receive an audio recording of the code).
- Click Next.
- A you will receive a call or text of a code
- Copy code code from Google. You’ll do so either by answering a phone call and listening to the numbers, or by opening your phone’s Messages app and reading the new text from a five-digit number.