We live in a digitized world today where electronic mails have totally taken over. With tons of emails daily Gmail Archive helps us safe guard the very important mails for future reference. It seems more like creating an inbox for more important emails.
Because of the volume of emails received over time. It is not strange for mail users to loss important message among the unimportant ones in your gmail inbox. Hence the introduction of Achieve.
Gmail archive is more like the opposite of trash or spam messages. As long as your email is archived, it will be taken away from the inbox and stored separately.
Now that we know what an archive is.
Reason for Archiving emails
Email Archiving can be valuable. Since it can save from future inconveniences and arguments. For Businesses it is paramount to archive mails. below are some of the reasons for archiving emails.
- Data Preservation
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Regulatory compliance
- Litigation and Legal Discovery
- Email Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Messaging System & Storage Optimization
- Monitoring of Internal & External Email Content
- Records Management (Email Retention Policies)
- Business & Email Continuity
How to use Gmail Archive Email
To archive a message on a computer,
- Go to the gmail account login page and log into your gmail account.
- Next Select the email or emails you want to archive ticking the checkboxes.
- Then Click the Archive button (with a down arrow on a folder icon).
- Your message is archived, and a confirmation message will appear.
- You can click on the undo button to reverse the action.