This article is basically on GitHub Login and Sign up guide. Let’s discuss on GitHub before I will enlighten you on how to log in to GitHub. It is an American company that provides hosting for software development version control. The platform is home to the world’s largest community of developers and their projects. It has its headquarters in San Francisco, California, U.S. GitHub is a subsidiary of Microsoft, the company was acquired by Microsoft in 2018 for $7.5 billion.
The platform offers all of the distributed version control and SCM(source code management) functionality of Git. This platform provides access control and other features that include bug tracking, task management, feature requests, and wikis for all projects. It is a development platform inspired by the way developers work. The platform enables users to host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside with 40 million other developers. GitHub is a home where software developers can collaborate on open source code projects, fork code, share ideas within themselves.
The platform is a project management and code versioning system. It is also a social network platform that is specially made for software developers. Are you a software developer and you are looking for a platform where you can interact and share ideas with other developers then I highly recommend GitHub to you.
All you have to do to use this platform is to sign up for an account and log into your account to have access to your account. The platform has free, professional, and enterprise accounts. Free accounts are mostly used to host open-source projects. Presently, GitHub has more than 37 million users and over 100 million repositories. GitHub is the largest host of source code in the world.
GitHub Sign up – How to create an account with GitHub
- Launch your web browser and visit the official GitHub website.
- When you are on the official web-page, click on the Sign-up button.
- Enter your preferred username, Email address, and password. Make sure that the password is up to 15 characters or at least 8 characters.
- Verify your account and click on “Next: select a plan” option.
- Select the plan you want and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the sign-up.
- The sign-up process is very easy, simple, and stress less.
How to Login your Github account
- The first thing to do is to open your web browser and visit the official platform.
- Click on the sign-in button when you are on the official web page.
- Enter your username or email address then input your password.
- Click on the Sign-in button, with the few steps you have successfully log into your account.
How to recover your forgotten password
In case you forgot your password you can retrieve it. Kindly follow this guide step by step to get the password recovery procedure.
- Open your browser and go to the login page by clicking on the login button when you are on the official site.
- Click on the Forgot password option, you will be direct to a new page.
- Enter your email address and tap the send password reset email option.
- A password reset email will be sent to your email.
Note: GitHub was initially founded by Tom Preston-Werner, Chris Wanstrath, P. J. Hyett, and Scott Chacon.