The skill to format a hard drive and install windows operating system can set you apart in your place of work. It can be telling when your system is suddenly faced with BIOS errors or missing files.
You might need the last resort to format the hard drive of your computer to get it running smoothly again. On this post, we will take you on how to format a hard disk as well as install an operating system.
How To Format a Hard Drive
To format a hard drive on windows, Use the following steps.
- Locate the search menu on your windows version.
- Type in Control Panel in the search box.
- Enter the Control Panel.
- Then, Click Administrative Tools.
- Go to Computer Management.
- Click Disk Management.
- Right click on the drive or the partition that you wish to format.
- Click on Format.
- Select the file system and set the cluster size.
- Click OK to format the drive.
How to Install a New Operation System on Windows
It is ideal to back up your hard disk before this process.
Below are the instructions to install an operating system, format a hard drive and create partitions.
- Insert the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flash drive.
- Power down the computer.
- Mount and connect the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Power up the computer.
- Choose a preferred language and region.
- Proceed then to Install Operating System.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- On the Install Windows page, enter your preferred language.
- Then click Next.
- Click on Install Windows and follow on-screen prompts.
During installation, you will be prompted to choose a location to install the windows OS. However, to format a hard drive before installing the OS click on the portion.
- Then click allocation you want to format.
- Proceed to click on options (advanced)
- Highlight the partition
- Click on Delete.
- Next click OK.
Now you can install the windows OS in the large portion of the hard drive.
Well, that is it, there is absolutely no need to go running to a technician to fix common errors such as this.
Also, check out Windows 10 dark mode