How to Setup Find my iPhone: Have you been searching the internet for how you can easily get back your lost iPhone? If yes, follow up in this article. In this article, I will be showing you easy steps on how you can find your iPhone using “Find My iPhone”.
The “Find My iPhone” is an app and service designed by Apple. This app shows you where your lost iPhone is and how you can get it back. The app is not restricted to Mac computers, Air Pods, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch. And it operates only on iOS 5 to iOS 12. And the size is 5.9MB.
How to setup find my iPhone
Here’s how to:
- At your Home screen, click on Settings > (your name) > iCloud. But if you are making use of iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and click on “Find My iPhone”.
- Then slide to turn on “F. M. I and Send Last Location.
Note: Enter your Apple ID if you are asked to sign in.
Also, your paired Apple Watch and Air Pods will set up automatically too when you set up Find My iPhone.
How to set up Find My Mac
Follow the steps below to automatically set up Find My Mac:
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences.
- After you must have done that, click on iCloud.
- Then check the box to turn on Find My Mac.
- Tap Details > Open Security & Privacy > Enable Location Services if you find a Details button close to Find My
- Mac. Also, click on the “padlock” icon and input the name and password of the computer administrator if
- Enable Location Services is dimmed in Security & Privacy preferences.
Can someone unlock my stolen iPhone?
No, no one can unlock your iPhone whether stolen or not. Apple already secured all its iPhones and iPads by default. So, your phone is secured with a passcode even if you do sign in with Face ID or Touch ID.
Why can’t I find my device on Find My iPhone?
Reasons, why your device isn’t showing up or coming up, are:
- Your device is not connected to the internet.
- Switched off or down.
- If its Location Services is disabled.