Facebook Pay App Setup: Facebook is a website that allows users to easily connect with their friends, families, and loved ones. The app also enables you to send messages, share videos and images, content, memories, and so many more.
Facebook has released a service known as the “Facebook pay” which makes it very easy for users to send, request, and receive money without stress. Want to know more? Follow up in this article!
The Facebook Pay was introduced on the 9th day of November, in the year 2019. It is a very fast and easy way to transfer money to their contacts using the Messenger app.
To make use of this app, you must have a Facebook account. Also, you will have to register a debit card or a PayPal account in order for you to easily send or request money to other people in a chat.
Unfortunately, it is only available in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and France. It is also accessible on Android phones, iOS, and desktop computers.
How to set up Facebook Pay on Messenger.
Facebook has made it very easy for its users to send, receive, and pay money just using the Facebook app. To use it, you must be a Facebook user and have a Facebook account.
Here’s how to set up payments:
- Go to your profile and click on it.
- Then you Access your Profile Settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Payments”.
- Next is to fill out your payment information. Here, you choose if you want to add a debit card or sync your PayPal account. Have it at the back of your mind that the account you put is where your money will be withdrawn from.
Tip: Though it is optional, you can put your personal identification number for security reasons. If you are using a PIN, do make sure that the number is a bit hard to guess. If you are an iOS user, you can also set up “Touch ID”.
How do I send or request a Facebook payment?
- Begin a conversation with a friend. You can do that by searching for his or her name. As soon as the conversation is open, click on the “Money” icon that will appear.
- Now choose the amount, put a note, and click on “Request” or “Pay” to continue your transaction.
- Once your friend declines your payment request, you will get a notification.
- One thing that interests me and will also catch your attention is that while using Facebook Pay, you can send or request any amount of money. There’s no limit.
- What you should know about the service is that you cannot for any reason cancel money that you have already sent. In order to avoid that, I will advise you always double-check the amount you are sending before completing or finalizing your payment.
How do I receive a Facebook Pay?
Once a friend sends you a payor finalizes your payment request, you will automatically get a notification through the Messenger app.
Tip: Your transaction process might be delayed depending on your bank.
Making a group payment on Messenger.
- Open a conversation and click on the money icon.
- Then select who you want to send or request money from. You can choose to select all members of the group or only a few of them.
- Enter the amount you wish to send or request, add a note then submit your request. You can also track the status of the group’s transaction in the conversation just like the individual payment.