What is a Facebook Messenger Room? Before that, let’s discuss the Facebook Mobile App. Facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg and some of his colleagues at Harvard University in the year 2004. This app is used by so many people.
It is a website where users get to communicate with other people, including people they are not familiar with. Here, you can also share your memories, photos, videos, and even contents. Now, let’s move to Facebook Messenger Room
What is Facebook Messenger Rooms?
The Facebook Messenger room is a Zoom-like feature on Facebook. It is a new feature that was recently unveiled by Facebook which enables a large number of people to go live on a video conferencing service. What caught my interest in the Facebook Messenger Room is that it allows up to 50 people in a single video call.
Another one is that it does not require you to have or create a Facebook account to join the room. It also has some attractive features like blocking people, reporting to Facebook, safety and privacy controls, chatting while on video, AR effects, 360 backgrounds, and so many more!
How do I create a Facebook Messenger Room?
Creating a Facebook Messenger Room is very easy. Below is how you can create one:
- Once you open your messenger app, click on the “People” tab at the bottom right of your screen.
- After that, you create a room and choose those people you wish to join.
- Click on “People” and tap “Active”.
- Furthermore, click on “Create a Room” and “Try It”.
- Now click on “Share Link”.
- To create a new room, click on the “‘Video” icon and click “Copy”.
How to create a Messenger room in a Facebook group
- Go to your News Feed and click on “Groups”. Then choose the group you wish to create a room in.
- Once you are done with that, tap “Create Room”. You will see this at the top of the group.
- Now enter a room activity and select any emoji then click on “Save”.
- Tap on “Create” and write anything concerning the room.
- Finally, you tap “Create”.
How do I choose who to join my room?
On Android and iPhone:
- Right from your Messenger room, click on “Who Can Join”.
- Then click on “People with the link” so as to enable those with the link to join.
- After you must enable them, click on “Only people on Facebook”. Here, only those who have a Facebook account can join.
On your Desktop:
- Right from your room, tap “Edit”.
- Now tap next to the setting you wish to use and then click on “Save”.
How to easily set up a Messenger Room from Instagram
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram account if you are logged out.
- Then click on your Instagram Direct Messages and click on the “Video call” icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now click on “Create a Room”. You can now invite your Instagram friends. Or you can as well copy a direct link to your Room.