Facebook Lite is an Android app that was specially designed and created for phones with low spec and low-speed connections. This app has been launched outside the US for some years, however, the app is now available in the US.
The Lite app was really created to operate on very slow and unstable internet connections just like 2G networks. And also, it was designed to operate in rural areas that don’t have good signals. One interesting thing about the Facebook lite is that it does not require too much data, that is, it uses fewer data. And this will enable you to spend less on data.
Interestingly, the app has almost the same feature as the normal Facebook app, even if the Facebook mobile app is more preferable than Facebook lite.
On Facebook lite, you can as well like and comment on any post, send messages, post to your timeline, visit someone’s profile, and every other thing you would do on the normal Facebook, name it!
Well, one thing you should know about the Facebook lite is that it is a stripped-down interface with larger and blockier buttons and so many other elements not mentioned here. While operating the Facebook Lite on mobile phones with small screens, the larger IU elements are just a plus, however on phones like Moto E4, it feels really oversized.
Aside from the fact that Facebook Lite saves you a lot of data, the app also helps you to manage space on your mobile device.
How to Download Facebook Lite
- On your home screen, locate the “Google Play Store” and click on it.
- Now, locate the search bar and type in “Facebook Lite”. When you are done typing, click on the “search icon”.
- Your search will be displayed at the top of your page. Click on it, then click on “Install” to download and install the app to your home screen.
Note that the step above is for only Android users. To download the app on your iOS device, visit the Apple App Store to download it.
Facebook Lite Login
Here’s how to login :
- Launch your home screen.
- Open your Facebook Lite app.
- You will see two rectangular boxes there. One asking you to enter either your “Mobile number or email address” and the other box asking you to enter your “Password”.
- Now, enter either your mobile number or email address, then enter your password in the next box.
- When you are done, click on “Log In”. It will automatically log you into your account.
If your account is already saved on the device you used in logging in, you can equally click on that account, then enter your password and click on “Log in”.
How to login to your Facebook account on a computer
To log in on a computer:
- Visit any web browser and type in “facebook.com” into the search bar, and search.
- Now enter either your Email or Mobile number. You can as well choose to log in with your username also.
- Next is to enter your Password.
- When you are done entering your password, click on “Log in”.