Facebook is a social networking app/platform where users can easily sign up for free (create a Facebook account), connect with their families, business partners, colleagues, and even people they do not know online. The social app also enables you to share pictures, videos, songs, your thoughts, memories, opinions, and even articles with whom you want to.
Though, the app was specially designed for university students by Mark Zuckerberg in the year 2004, while he was admitted into the University of Harvard. But now, anyone can easily use it. Adults, teenagers, the old, etc.
Basically, Facebook is the most talked about, and the most used app in the world with over 2.6 billion people using the app. And this made it so popular.
Changing your name on Facebook
Here, I will be showing you the basic steps to follow if you want to change your name on Facebook. Be it on your Android phone, your iPhone, or even on your computer. But before then, you should know by now that before you can do anything on Facebook or anything related to the app, you will have to have a Facebook account. And how do you do this?
Kindly download the Facebook mobile app on your phone or on your computer. If you are using an Android phone, visit the “Google Play Store” to download the app.
However, if you are an iPhone user, then you should go to Apple App Store to download the app. Once you download the app, you can now open it and sign up to create a Facebook account. It’s as easy as that.
Having a Facebook account is very vital for you. The reason is that you can link it to other services. Just like linking your email account.
Once you create an account, you will easily have access to other things on the app. Just like changing your profile, editing your bio, changing your name, and a whole lot of them. Now, let’s move on to how you can change your name on Facebook.
How to change your name on Facebook
For Android phones:
- Open your Facebook mobile app and click on the “menu” button. The menu button is a “3 horizontal lines”. It is located at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Scroll down to click on “Settings & Privacy”. You will see a list of options. They include Settings, Privacy Shortcuts, Your Time on Facebook, Language, and Code Generator.
- Click on “Settings”. You will be directed to another page.
- Under ‘Account Setting’, click on “Personal Information”.
- Then click on “Name”, under ‘General’.
- Now enter your Name, Middle name, and your Last name in the spaces provided.
Note: Once you change your name on, you will not be able to change it again until after 60 days. Try not to include any uncommon punctuation, characters, capitalization, or random words.
- As soon as you are done inputting your names, click on “Review Change”.
- Then you put in your password and click on “Save Changes” to save all changes that were made.
On your iPhone:
Changing your name on the app using your Android phone is still the same as changing your name on Facebook making use of an iPhone.
The only difference between them is that while operating on an Android phone, the “Menu” button is located at the top right corner of your screen. But, while operating on an iPhone, you will find the “Menu” bottom at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Tip: The “Menu” bottom is a “three horizontal lines”.
On a computer using the classic Facebook:
- Review their name standards.
- Then click on the “dark arrow” button located at the top right of the Facebook page.
- You will see a drop menu scroll down to click on “Settings”.
- Now click on “Name”, then put in your name and click on “Review Change”.
- Lastly, input your password and click on “Save Changes”.
Tips: If you are having issues with changing your name, kindly visit their page: “https://web.facebook.com/help/contact/1417759018475333” and fill out the form there to alert them. Also, take notice that you can only change your name after every 60 days.
Using New Facebook:
- Review their name standards.
- Then click on the “dark down arrow” button. It is located on the upper right side of the page.
- Next, is to click on “Settings & Privacy > Settings”.
- Choose “Name”.
- Then put in your name and click on “Review Change”.
- Now type in your password and tap “Save Changes”.