Facebook – Features and How to Create a Valid Facebook Account
Facebook is an American corporation, a social networking service, and an online social media platform.
The Facebook social media website was launched on the 4th February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and 4 other friends all from Harvard college. The corporation is based in Menlo Park, California.
The social media platform is accessible from any device over mobile networks and the internet; smartphones, tablets, computers, and laptops.
For a person to be a member of the website, the person has to undergo due registration. After the registration, the user has a user profile that shows their contents like photos, videos, a unique username, email, status, profile pictures, occupations, and posts. The user will also have a timeline on which friends can send messages that by default can be seen by friends and friends of friends.
This social media website has some attractive features that make social life fun. Some of the features are:
Instant messaging: This application has a messenger on which users can privately chat with friends. This way, conversations are kept secret and can also be deleted.
Transfer of files: Users can now send and receive files through this application. Pictures, videos, documents, audios, emojis and amazing gifts can be sent. The app’s messenger can also serve this purpose.
Likes, etc: On the app, there are bars where users can like, share, comment, tag and send emojis on every single post from friends. Moments can be shared especially through the tags. Users can also upload pictures as comments.
Friend requests: Users can now send friend requests to friends of friends or by searching for their names in the app’s search bar.
How to create an account on facebook
As at June 2017, Facebook had 2 billion users. Creating an account on this website is no big deal. Below are the procedures to follow, when you want to create an account.
- Go to your browser and type in the website’s url, www.facebook.com.
- On the newly displayed page, you’ll see ”Login” and you’ll also see ”Create new account”. You are to click on the latter.
- You are to enter your first, middle and last name (not all are compulsory), email address, phone contact, date of birth, Gender and password.
- Your account has been successfully created. When next you want to log in, you should just input your required login details. (In case you forget your password, click on forgot password, then follow the instructions given and your password will be changed0
Note: To have a facebook account, you have to be 13 years of age or older.
Tips to protect your Facebook login details
- Make sure your email is secured.
- Do not tell anyone your login details.
- Do not use your password on any website online.
- Don’t use guessable names and dates as passwords.
- Remember to always log out of your account when you use a public device.
- Facebook will never ask you to provide your login information, do not fall prey to this scam.
- The combinations of your passwords should include letters, numbers, and symbols so that it becomes extremely hard to guess.
- Install anti-virus software on your devices and always scan for malware programs on your PC.
- Name: Facebook
- Founded: February 4, 2004
- Founder(s): Mark Zuckerberg Andrew McCollum Chris Hughes Dustin Moskovitz Eduardo Saverin
- Type of business: Public
- Type of site: Social networking service
- Available in: Multilingual (140)
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, U.S.
- Industry: Internet
- Employees: 18,770 (March 31, 2017)
- Alexa rank: 3 (April 2017)
- Registration: Required
- Users: 2 billion monthly active users (June 2017)
- Subsidiaries: Oculus VR Whatsapp Instagram Messenger
- Current status: Active
- Website: www.facebook.com or www.fb.com