Facebook Dating makes it easy to find love by doing what you enjoy, assisting you in starting meaningful relationships through things you share, such as interests, events, and groups. It takes the guesswork out of building a dating profile and provides a more genuine picture of who someone is.
Facebook Dating Started in the United States. it also allows people to incorporate their Instagram posts straight into their Facebook Dating profiles.
As well as add Instagram followers to their Secret Crush lists alongside Facebook friends. Facebook wants to make it possible to add Facebook and Instagram Stories to your Dating profile by the end of the year.
Finding a love partner is an extremely personal experience, which is why facebook designed Dating to be secure, inclusive, and opt-in. This product prioritizes safety, security, and privacy.
Facebook collaborated with experts in these fields to integrate safeguards into Facebook Dating from the start. Such as the ability to report and block anyone, prohibiting users from exchanging photographs, links, money, or videos in messages, and making safety guidelines easily accessible. These and other features provide you more control and peace of mind. Learn more about Facebook Dating and privacy here.
How Does Facebook Dating Work
Starting today, if you’re 18+ and have downloaded the most recent version of Facebook, you can opt into Facebook Dating. You can create a Dating profile (separate from your regular page).
Others who have opted in will be recommended to you. People are suggested to you based on your preferences, hobbies, and other activities on Facebook. Facebook dating isn’t about swiping or waiting for someone to like you before you can reach out.
If you’re interested in someone, you can let them know by leaving a comment on their profile or by tapping the Like button. You can decline if you are not interested.
You can match with friends of friends and/or people who are not in your friend group on Facebook Dating.
Unless you use Secret Crush and add each other to your list, Facebook Dating will not match you with pals. All of your FB Dating activities will be saved. It will not be visible to the rest of Facebook
Key Features of Facebook Dating
- People will be able to connect and share using Facebook and Instagram Stories in the near future. People are now required to make an instant decision about whether or not they like someone based on a static profile. Facebook is bringing Stories to Dating to let you demonstrate, rather than tell, who you are. This structure allows you to be real in ways that a normal dating profile cannot. And it assists you in getting to know someone before and after your match.
- You can match with people you already know on Facebook and/or Instagram using Secret Crush. By default, It would not match you with your Facebook Friends, but users informed us they wanted to explore potential romantic relationships within their wider circles. Such as their Facebook friend list and Instagram followers. Facebook’s renowned Secret Crush function allows you to do just that. If you utilize Secret Crush, you can choose up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers that you are interested in. (In order to gain Instagram followers, you must first link your Instagram account to Facebook Dating). If your crush has chosen to participate in Facebook Dating, they will receive a notification informing them that they have a crush on them. It’s a match if your crush adds you to their Secret Crush list as well! If your crush isn’t on Dating, doesn’t make a Secret Crush list, or doesn’t add you to their list, no one will know you’ve entered their name.
- You may now connect your Instagram posts to your Facebook Dating page. Adding Instagram posts to your profile will help you create a better dating profile. Exhibit areas of your life to others, and discover shared connections that inspire conversation.
- Opt into Events and Groups to meet people who share your interests. You can opt to see other people who use Facebook Dating who match your tastes within the groups you belong to and the events you have attended or will attend. You will be visible to these people if you wish to see them.
- Feel secure by disclosing information about your date. People who use Facebook Dating can use Messenger to exchange facts about their planned date and/or live location with someone they trust. They will have control over whether or not to use this function. If they do, they have complete control over who receives this information.
- It is now easier than ever to create a dating profile. Facebook made it easier to build a Facebook Dating profile based on feedback from users using Dating in various countries. Facebook proposes photographs and information from your Facebook page that you may change or remove with a single swipe. You can also start from scratch and create your own Dating profile.
Facebook Dating Countries Availability
Facebook Dating is currently available in 19 countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam, in addition to the United States. It will be available in Europe by early 2020. More information can be found here.