Facebook Dating is a dating app and feature that was developed by Facebook. If you are the type looking for true love, then Facebook dating is just the best for you and will also make it easier for you to find true love.
The Facebook dating app or feature helps you start a meaningful relationship with those with whom you share a similar and common interest with.
Is the Facebook Dating App Safe?
Note that it doesn’t have an app, it only occupies a section in Facebook.
You might be wondering if the Facebook Dating App is Safe. Yes of course! Facebook dating is safe just like Facebook only if you decide to share your personal information and details with others. Then I am sorry, it might not be safe again.
It is true that finding a romantic partner is really personal. However, maybe you are shy to approach the person you have feelings for or whatsoever. That is why Facebook invented Facebook Dating.
Here, Facebook will match you with those with whom you share similar and common interests.
Facebook promised that Security, Safety, and 100% privacy is included in Facebook dating.
The company said they worked in hands with experts in those particular areas in order to build protections into Facebook Dating from scratch. Not excluding:
Preventing people from sending photos, payments, links, or videos in messages.
The ability to report and block anyone
And also by granting easy and quick access to safety tips.
In all, with all these features, security, and privacy, I am rest assured that you will be getting peace of mind and you can as well control whatever is going on Facebook dating.
How Does Facebook Dating Works?
To get started with Facebook dating, you will have to create a Facebook dating Profile. Note that your dating profile must be different from your main Facebook profile. Meaning you are creating a different profile for Facebook.
And also, you must be up to 18 years of age and above to be able to gain access to Facebook Dating.
You must have also downloaded the latest version of Facebook. If not, you might be having issues with operating Facebook dating.
Once you have followed the necessary procedures and done the needful, Facebook will now suggest you to those who have also opted into Facebook Dating.
Facebook will match you with those you share similar and common interests with.
Here, you don’t have to wait for someone to like you before you make a move. It’s very simple!
If you are interested in the person, all you just need to do is to click on the “Like” button or comment directly on their profile to let them know you like them.
However, if you arent interested in the person or you do not like the person, then you can now decide to pass them.
You do not need to worry about your friends knowing as Facebook Dating enables you to match with friends or those who are not in your friend circle or who are not your friends.
However, if you feel you want to connect or match with your friends, then and then should you make use of the “Secret Crush” feature and you both must have also added each other to your list.
Is Facebook Dating Safe
If you are using Facebook Dating, there is absolutely nothing to be scared of. As Facebook won’t share your activities with the rest people on Facebook.
Meaning anything at all you are doing on Facebook Dating remains there.
What are the Key Features of Facebook Dating?
Below are some of the key features of Facebook dating:
- The Secret Crush feature allows you to match with your friends on Facebook as well as those you know already on Facebook and/or Instagram.
Why the app is loved is the fact that it does match you with your Facebook Friends by default.
However, some people would love to connect with their friends and those they know on Facebook and Instagram. And that is why they have the “Secret Crush” feature.
The Secret Crush feature enables you to connect with your friends and those you know on Facebook.
If you decide to make use of the secret crush feature, you will have to choose up to 9 of your Instagram followers or Facebook friends you would love to connect with.
Also take note that to add your Instagram followers, you will have to connect your Instagram account to Facebook Dating.
If your crush finally opts into Facebook dating, they will receive a notification saying that someone is actually crushing on them.
If eventually, the person you are crushing on adds you to their Secret Crush also, then a match has been made!
However, if for any reason:
- Your crush isn’t on Facebook Dating
- Doesn’t include you on their list or
- Your crush does not create a Secret Crush list.
Then no one will notice that you entered their name.
- Very soon, people will be able to connect and share with Instagram and Facebook Stories.
- Now, you can add your Instagram posts to your profile in Facebook Dating. Including your Instagram posts in your profile will make it very easy for you to build a good dating profile.
- Show aspects of your life to others, and also see shared connections that spark conversation.
- Feel so safe by distributing the details of your date. People making use of Facebook dating can share details of their upcoming date or even their live location with whom they trust so much through Messenger.
- Aside from that, they will also be able to control whether they want the feature or not. And if they eventually do, they are now in control of who they share their information and personal details with.
- Opt into Events and Groups to easily find those with similar interests as you.
- In all, creating a Facebook dating profile is even easier than ever. Just with a click, Facebook will suggest photos as well as information from your Facebook profile, of which you can equally edit or remove.
You can as well create your own Dating Profile right from the scratch.
Facebook Dating Countries – Availability
Facebook Dating is available in the U.S and the following countries:
- the Philippines
- Europe, etc
Facebook Dating App
Take note that Facebook Dating is not an app. It only occupies a section on Facebook. And this feature allows you to connect with those with whom you share similar interests with.
But take note that before you can make use of the Facebook Dating feature, you will be up to 18 years of age and you must be using the latest version of Facebook.
If not that, I’m sorry you might not be able to access the Facebook dating feature. One more thing. You must be a FACEBOOK USER!
After that, you can now proceed to create a dating profile different from your normal Facebook profile. From there, you can fully get started on Facebook Dating.
You can like pictures and comment on your profile to show someone that you are actually interested in them.
How to Activate Facebook dating
Here is how to activate Facebook Dating:
- The very first thing to do is to log in to your Facebook account. Also, make sure you are running the latest version of Facebook and you are up to 18 years and above. If not you might not be able to access the feature.
- Once you are logged in to Facebook, click on the heart icon. Once you click on it, it will then direct you to where you will create your Facebook dating profile.
- Now that you are on the page, you will now have to pick your gender and confirm your location as well.
- Right there, you will find 12 tiles displayed. And each of them is either a question or an answer to one of the dating questions.
- Ensure that the tiles are properly arranged. This will make it very easy for your match to know you better.
- Now that you are done with arranging the tiles, choose or upload a very nice photo of yourself.
- Finally, you will then be able to specify your match in the dating settings.
How to Use Facebook dating
If you are finding it very hard to make use of the dating feature, then the guide below will put you through. The dating feature is very simple to use. All you just have to do is:
- Click on the “heart” icon on the profile of the user to allow them to know that you have an interest in them.
- But if you don’t have interest in them and want to pass them, you can then click on “X”. If they eventually like you back, then you can now begin a conversation.
- Also, if another person likes your profile, you will get a notification. Click on the “heart” icon on their profile to like them back so you can easily send a direct message to them.
- You can as well view all your match and all your conversation. You can do this by just clicking on “Matches” at the top of the app.
- Next is to scroll down to the bottom of your profile and click “Answer a Question” to be able to answer different questions that will make it easier for Facebook to improve your match suggestions.
- You can as well include your photos and share Instagram posts at the bottom of your profile page.
Facebook Dating Not showing Up
If for any reason the Facebook Dating feature is not showing, then this is what you should look at:
Reasons for Facebook Dating Not Working
Here are some of the reasons Facebook Dating isn’t working:
- You are not up to 18 years of age.
- You are not running the latest version of Facebook
- Facebook dating is currently not in your country.
- You have a very poor internet connection.
- Your notifications are blocked
- The feature is down for everyone
- You have corrupted cache data on your mobile device.
With that being said, the next step below might fix the issue of Facebook dating not showing up
How to Fix the Issue of Facebook dating
Here is how to fix the issue of Facebook dating not working:
- Firstly, make sure that the Facebook dating app is updated.
next is to check your Wi-Fi connection and make sure you have a stable wifi connection.
- Also, check if your Facebook app notifications are turned on. If they are not, then turn them on.
- Clear your mobile device’s cache.
- Also, check to see if Facebook is down.
- Close the App
- Restart your device
- Then delete and reinstall the Facebook app
- You can also contact the Facebook Help Centers