Facebook Dating: If you single, divorced and you are searching for how you can easily connect and meet up with singles, and find a partner, then you can never go wrong with Facebook dating. What does Facebook dating do?
Facebook dating is not an app. It is a section on the Facebook mobile app that makes it easy for you to connect with singles and find a soulmate. The feature presents you with matches for you to choose from. On Facebook dating, you can also find someone you share common or similar interests with.
One thing for sure that you would enjoy about the feature is the fact that Facebook does not disclose users to their Facebook friends. And it as well enables people to withdraw friends of friends from their potential matches. You can also prevent certain people from viewing your dating profile.
That is, you can choose who will see your dating profile. Also, users can send messages to each other without having to match first.
Facebook Dating App
This might seem a little bit confusing tho since I mentioned earlier that Facebook Dating is only a section on the Facebook Mobile app. Yes, that’s true, do not mistake Facebook Dating for an app. It is never an app, it is only a feature on the Facebook Mobile app.
Once, you download the Facebook mobile app and you are a user, then you have automatically downloaded the Facebook Dating and you can now access it. However, the app has placed some restrictions on the feature, so as not to be misused. Keep reading to know more.
Well, there are still other sites where you can hook up and meet singles. To know more, read below and keep reading.
FB Dating App Free
Dating on Facebook is totally free. All you need to do is to download the Facebook app, sign up with Facebook, and get started. Once you have downloaded and installed the Facebook app, you have successfully installed the Facebook Dating app.
FB Dating Sites
Like I said earlier, there are still other sites or apps that you can download to proceed with an online dating site. These sites can either be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android and the Apple App Store for iPhone users. Nevertheless, if you should ask me, I would choose Facebook Dating rather than having to start downloading apps and going through the stress.
Another reason is that the feature is surely secured and kept private. Also, Facebook does not show or share what you do inside the Facebook Dating to third parties and even your Facebook friends. Below are some of the sites for singles to find a match:
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- The League
- Plenty of Fish, and so on.
Create my Facebook Dating Profile
Now that you have downloaded, installed the Facebook Mobile app, and signed up, you can now move on to creating a Profile because that’s the next step that follows. Read through to see how you can create a profile:
- Launch your Facebook mobile app
- Click on the “Menu” icon located on the upper right side of your screen. The menu icon is “the three horizontal lines”. For the iPhone users, you will see the “Menu” icon at the bottom right side of your Facebook page.
- Now, click on the dating notification of the dating icon (a heart icon with red and purple color).
- Just right on the dating home, you will be asked to create a dating profile. Create one!
- Once you are done creating your dating profile, confirm your gender, as well as your location. Also, upload a nice photo of you for your dating profile.
- Now that you have completed this step, Facebook will direct you to a page where you will be given potential matches.
How to use Facebook Dating
Here is how to use the feature:
- Open your Facebook mobile app.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen, then click on “Dating”. If you can’t find the “Dating” feature, just click on “See More”. Note that for iPhone users, you will see the three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- As soon as you are done, you will be directed to the dating section.
- Now tap “Get started” and follow the onscreen instructions.
- You will now select the gender you are interested in, the location, and a clear photo of you.
- Once you are through. Facebook will create a dating profile for you by eliminating your non-dating profile. You can also make changes to your profile.
- Click “Done” when you have finished making changes.
Facebook will proceed to send you matches after you just followed the above steps.
Once you get a match, you will surely get a notification. And if the person you are matched with is okay by you, just click on the “heart icon” on his or her Dating feed.
Facebook Dating Not Working
In my previous post, I mentioned that Facebook placed some restrictions on its new feature. That is, not everyone has access to the feature. You can only be finding the feature hard to access if only:
- You are not up to 18 years of age and above.
- If your Facebook mobile app is not upgraded yet, and
- Also, if the feature is not out yet in your country.