Facebook dating lies within the existing Facebook app which is a place where individuals connect with loved ones, find new friends, and also form a bond that later turns into a relationship. Facebook, right from the start has been a place where individuals, from college students to grown-ups like divorcees to scope out their romantic interests.
But before I go into details on how Facebook dating works, I will need to put you through what Facebook dating is.
Facebook Dating App: Download Free for Singles
What is Facebook Dating? Facebook dating is a way for Facebook users to find to form bonds with each other which later results in a meaningful relationship.
Is Facebook Dating an App?
Many are still confused about whether Facebook dating is actually an app. But you should know that i isn’t a separate app. It is built right into the site.
You should know that you need to have a Facebook account first. If you already have an account on Facebook, then you are already ahead of the game. However, your dating profile is separate. Meanwhile, the dating section grabs some of your information from the other profile.
Facebook Dating Setup
To find the Facebook dating section on Facebook follow the easy steps below
- On your device, click on the Facebook app
- Log in if you already have an account on Facebook but if you haven’t created an account yet, then you will need to sign up.
- On the app, tap the menu icon which is represented by three horizontal lines on the upper right side of the screen.
- Tap on “Dating”
- But if you were unable to see the dating option, then tap on the “See More” option.
- There you will see where it is written “dating”
- Click on it and you will be taken to the dating section of Facebook.
How to Get Started
Here’s how to get started when you have located the dating site.
- Click on get started
- Follow the directions on the screen for setting up a profile.
- Then specify the gender you are looking for, location, and choose a nice photo to represent yourself.
Facebook will generate a dating profile for you automatically from there, by skimming your non-dating profile. You can adjust your profile to your desired taste by adding posts, adding photos from your Instagram page by tapping or clicking on the “Preview Profile” option. Then click “Done“ when you feel satisfied with what’s displaying on your bio.
From there, Facebook will start to send you matches. However, this process can take several days, but you don’t need to shiver. Facebook will not suggest any of your current Facebook friends. And also no one will be able to see your dating status outside of the dating section. You will receive a notification when you get a match. And if you are interested in the person Facebook matched up for you, click or tap on the heart icon on their feed.
How To Startup a Conversation
In order for you to start up, a conversation with any of your matches follow the steps below
Tap on their profile photo and an option will appear for you to type in your message.
When you are through with what you are typing, tap the arrow icon which you will see there to send the message you have inputted.
You can access messages by tapping the “Conversations” button which is at the top of the feed screen.
If you want to match up with people that have the same interests as you, then follow the steps below
- Go to the menu
- Tap on “Suggestions from your Events” or “Suggestions from your Groups”
- Then you should tap on an event or group
- Slide the button next to it and tap “See Suggested Matches”