Facebook dating: Searching for how you can easily find a soul mate?, then why not try Facebook Dating. Facebook has made it easy for its single users to find their match and their soul mate on its platform by launching a dating feature in a section on its platform. And guess what? This feature for singles as well as a divorcee is free. All you need is to be a Facebook user and you are good to go. Unfortunately, this feature is only accessible to those who are 18 years and above.
Facebook dating is never an app, it is a space within Facebook that makes it very easy for singles to meet and start up a conversation with those they share similar interests with or have something in common with.
Well, if you feel you don’t want to use the feature. There are still other top dating sites to find a match. They include eharmony, POF, Bumble, OkCupid, Hinge, Badoo, and many more!
Facebook dating app
Like I said earlier in my last post, Facebook dating isn’t an app, it is a feature on Facebook and it occupies a section on the platform. To make use of Facebook Dating, you must have a Facebook account. Kudos! to you, if you already have a Facebook account. Because, without a Facebook account, you will have no access to Dating on Facebook. Though your Dating profile is different, the Facebook Dating section gathers some of your information from your other profile.
Facebook Dating app download
With all that I have fed you with, by now you should know that the Facebook dating app cannot be downloaded. It only occupies a space in the platform and can be accessed via the Facebook app. This is how the feature works. Once you have downloaded the Facebook mobile app, you have automatically downloaded the dating feature on Facebook.
The feature isn’t an app on its own, however, there are still other dating apps that you can download if you feel you want a dating app.
Top best dating apps
The top best dating apps you can get aside from the Facebook dating app includes:
- Badoo, and so much more!
How does the feature work?
Here is how to use the feature:
- Launch your Facebook mobile app.
- Click on the Menu icon (the three horizontal lines) at the top right side of your screen, then click on “Dating”. If you don’t see “Dating”, you can equally click on the “See More” option.
- Once you do that, you will be directed to the dating section of Facebook.
- Now click on “Get Started” and follow the rest onscreen instructions.
- Here, you will need to choose the gender you are looking for, location, and pick a clear and nice photo of yourself.
- Once you are done with that, Facebook will automatically create a dating profile for you. Just by removing your non-dating profile. You can as well make some changes on your profile by deleting some things, including photos. And also by including posts from your Instagram page by clicking on the “Preview Profile option”.
- When you are done making changes, click “Done”.
- As soon as you are done following the above steps, Facebook will start sending you matches.
Note that this process can take so much time. Well, you need not worry about anything. Why, because Facebook will not submit your recent Facebook friends and nobody outside the dating section will see your dating stuff.
As soon as you get a match, you will receive a notification. If you like the person you are matched with, all you need to do is click on the heart icon on his or her Dating feed.
Starting up a conversation with your match
Like I said earlier, once you get a match, you will receive a notification. If you like your match, click on the heart icon on his or her Dating feed.
To now start up a conversation or send a message to the person (your match), follow the steps below:
- Click on his or her profile photo and you will receive an option to type a message.
- When you are done typing your message, click on the “arrow” icon to send your message. You can access your messages just by clicking on the “Conversations” button at the top of the feed screen.
If you want to match up with people that have got similar interests as you:
- Go to the menu.
- Then click on “Suggestions From Your Events or Suggest From Your Groups”.
- Now click on an event or group, slide the button close to it and click on ” See Suggested Matches”.
Facebook Dating not working
The only reasons why the feature isn’t working are:
- Firstly, You are not on Facebook or you are offline.
- Secondly, the feature is not yet available in your country.
- Thirdly, you are on Facebook but your Facebook mobile app is not updated to the latest version
- Lastly, you are not up to 18 years and above. So, I will advise you to chill until the feature gets to your country.
How do I delete my Facebook Dating profile?
Now that you have found your soul mate and your match, you may now want to delete your dating profile. All you need to do is:
- Go to Dating in the Facebook menu options.
- Click on the icon on the top right side of your screen.
- Next is to click on “Delete Profile” below the General section.
- Lastly, tap ” Delete” to delete your Facebook Dating profile.
The feature is not accessible yet in all countries. It can only be accessed in countries like the U.S., Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Uruguay, Mexico, and so many others that were not mentioned here.