Facebook Avatar has become the latest trend on social media, with everyone trying to create theirs to be as similar as possible to them.
With the help of this new Facebook feature, users can create cartoonish characters to represent themselves in chats, profiles, etc.
If you are willing to create your own avatar, below we explain in a few steps on how you can create yours and start sending them to your friends.
Facebook Avatar Review
Facebook Avatar is a new feature on social media (Facebook), that allows users to create a cartoon-like version of themselves.
This feature is similar to Snapchat’s Bitmoji and Apple’s Memoji feature. The feature has been available in the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India, Europe, and Africa.
The Facebook Avatar can be created using the Facebook app on your phone.
How to Create Facebook Avatar
To be able to create a Facebook Avatar, you must have the latest version of the Facebook app. So ensure to update the Facebook app and:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account
- Go to the Menu section, the three horizontal lines located at the top-right side of your screen.
- Scroll down and click on See More
- In See More section, click on Avatars and click on Next
- Now you can start creating your avatar, firstly select a Skin Tone
- Click on Next
- Then select a hairstyle, faces shape, eyewear, eye shape, body shape, outfit, and other body features
- Once you have selected all the features you want for your avatar, click on Done.
- Click on Next to see your finished avatar
Your Facebook Avatar is now ready, you will now be able to see three buttons at the top right corner. These are their functions:
- The first button lets you share your avatar to your newsfeed or as your profile picture
- The second button lets you view your avatar and use it as stickers
- The third button lets you edit your avatar.
How to Use your Facebook Avatar
You now have your Facebook Avatar, the next step is to use it. And that’s just as easy as creating an avatar.
You can share your avatar on Facebook in your News Feed, comments, in chats, or as your profile picture.
However, Facebook will create a set of pre-determined reaction sticker, used to express your feelings and sentiments towards a post in your Facebook feed or chat with a friend.
These pre-determined reaction stickers are created from your avatar. Here is how to use your avatars:
If you want to use your avatar to express your thought on a post, simply tap the comment section. In the comment section, click on the emoji button. You will be presented with your own avatar stickers, as well as other more generic stickers
You can also use your avatars in chats, to send your avatar in messenger, you’ll
- Open a chat window
- Click on the sticker button, it will present you with a suite of stickers to use
- Click on the icon that shows your Facebook Avatar, Which will serve up a menu of custom avatar stickers to use. Your avatar icon is located below the suites of avatars shown
You can also
- Click on the emoji button in the chat bar
- Then click on sticker menu
- Swipe right to access your avatar stickers
How to use Your Avatars on WhatsApp and other Apps
Once you have created your avatar, you can share it with other apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. You can do that in these ways:
- Open your Facebook app
- Go to the Menu section
- Click on Avatars
- Click on the Sticker icon at the top-right side of your avatars, your avatar stickers will appear
- Select the sticker you want to send.
- A menu will show, select “Other Options.”
- Now select the app you want to send it to.