This article is about the new facebook and Instagram feature which is Usage Insights. Do you know you can now check how much time you have spent on these apps? Facebook and Instagram just announced a new feature. This feature allows users to track how much time they have spent on each app. The new tool will help you limit the time you are spending on social media.
Facebook and Instagram officially unveiled the new feature that allows their users to know how much time they have spent on the respective applications. Users also have the ability to set a daily reminder when they the time limit they pre-determine for themselves on both apps.
The company collectively said: “We want the time people spend on Instagram and Facebook to be intentional, positive and inspiring. Our hope is that these tools give people more control over the time they spend on our platforms and also foster conversations between parents and teens about the online habits that are right for them”.
How to check how much time you spend on Facebook and Instagram
In this guide, we have to take the procedures step by step to avoid confusion, firstly we explain facebook process follow by Instagram process.
How to check time management on facebook
- Launch your browser and visit the official facebook site. Open the app if you have the app installed on your device.
- Simply log into your Facebook account and go to the Settings page.
- Click on your time on Facebook, you will see a bar graph depicting your average time on Facebook.
- Click on any of the bars to view the total time you have spent for that day.
- You can set a daily reminder that will alert you. When you have clocked the appropriate time you set to spend on the app for that day.
How to check time management on Instagram
- Firstly, you have to open your Instagram app and go to the settings page.
- The second step is for you to Click on your Activity, you will see a bar graph depicting your average time on Instagram just like it did on the facebook app.
- Click on any bar to view your total time spent for that day.
- You can also set a daily reminder that will alert you when you have clocked the appropriate time you set to spend on the app for that day. Just like what you did on facebook the procedure is simple and straight-forward.
NOTE: This Time management feature will only tell you the time you have spent on that app just on the device you are using. It will not reveal the gross absolute numbers of hours you have spent on Facebook and Instagram on using other devices. This features are applicable to updated version of Facebook andi Instagram.