What is eBay
eBay is the world’s online marketplace where buyers and sellers come together to buy and sell anything. The website is one of the best and popular way to buy and sell goods and services on the internet. It is a platform where individuals can buy and sell new or second-hand items.
Users can buy or sell items like books and clothes to cars and holidays. This platform is an online shopping site that is known for its auctions and its consumer to consumer sales. The marketplace is built to enable trade on a local, national and international basis.
It is a multinational e-commerce corporation that is based in San Jose, California. The platform facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its official website. It was founded by Pierre Omidyar on the 3rd of September 1995.
How to sell on eBay seller account
To sell your items on eBay you need to have an eBay seller account. If you are yet to create your account, you will be enlightened on how to register. Although, you have to create a reputation for yourself by buying a few items before you can then start selling on the platform. Follow the below guide on how to sell on eBay if you have created the seller account.
- Open your web browser and visit the eBay official platform or simply click HERE to visit the site.
- On the website click on sell button that is located at the top right section on eBay homepage.
- The next step is to create a list of the items that you will like to sell.
- After that confirm your details and don’t forget to add an automatic method of payment.
NOTE: You may be required to verify your identity to claim the real owner of the items. All you have to do in this section is just to provide your credit card or phone number. This is usually done to help you to secure your account. Click HERE to read more on our post.
How to Set up an eBay seller account
- Launch your browser make sure you have internet connection on it and visit the website.
- Scroll to the registration page and select the type of account you want to open that is either for a personal account or business account.
- Provide your valid and correct details and click on register afterward.
- Once you have registered, you can start selling.
Items you can’t sell on eBay through the eBay Seller Account
Although, on the platform, people can sell a lot of items using the seller account. But there are some item, products or things that have been prohibited based on some countries policy. These prohibited products are also not allowed on the selling platform.
- Live animals
- Used clothes
- Child pornography
- Police related items
- Gift cards.
- Firearms and ammunition etc.
How to sign into your eBay account
- Launch your browser and log into the official platform @www.eBay.com.
- The next procedure is to tap the sign-in button when you are on the official portal.
- Enter your email/username and input your password.
- Lastly, click on the sign in button to begin your operations.