Downloading and Installing Dropbox on Mac is sometimes hard and stressful. Are you finding it difficult to download and install Dropbox on your Mac device then you don’t have to worry because this article will enlighten you on how you can download and install it on your Mac device with ease? For people that want to be enlightened more on Dropbox, this write-up will also enlighten you more about it. What is Dropbox? It is a free web-based app that lets you save and store files, documents or pictures across the internet. It is an online backup service that you can use for file sharing and collaboration.
This application is a modern work-space that is designed to help reduce busywork so that you can focus on the things that matter. It is a cloud storage service that users can use to copy files to the cloud and access them later. If you are on Dropbox personal plan it won’t automatically copy all the files on your PC, you will be the one to select the ones you want to save.
The app is a file hosting service operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc. Service offered by Dropbox includes file synchronization, cloud storage, personal cloud, and client software.
It is ranked as one of the most valuable startups in the whole world, with a valuation of over US$10 billion. Dropbox is available for the Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android devices. In this article, we will only focus on how to download and install the app on Mac.
How to Download Dropbox on Mac
To download the Dropbox app is very easy and simple. Below are the detailed steps on how to download Dropbox on mac device. Let’s dive in;
- Firstly launch your web browser and go to the Dropbox official website.
- Scroll down to the footer of the web page, you will see Desktop app and Mobile apps.
- Select the Desktop app link since you want to download it on your device. You will be directed to a new age where you can download it.
- Click on the download Dropbox link and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- After downloading the app the next step is to install it on your Mac so that you will have access to it.
How to Install Dropbox
- After downloading Dropbox on mac, locate the file from your system file manager.
- The next thing to do is to double click the installer and tap the “Open” option to continue the installation.
- Once you are through with the installation, you can now log in to your Dropbox account.
- Kindly log in by entering your email address and password. If you don’t have an account below is a guide on how to sign up for an account.
How to sign up for Dropbox account
- Open your browser and visit the official Dropbox platform or open the app on your device.
- Click on the sign up link and enter your first name, last name, email, and password.
- Read the terms and conditions of Dropbox then tick the “I agree to the Dropbox Terms“.
- Lastly, click on the sign up box, you will be directed to a new page where you will complete the sign up process.