How to Download Videos on Facebook: Facebook, as we all know is a social media website and a platform where users find it very easy to communicate with their friends and their loved ones. Not only chatting or sending messages, but users can also upload and send pictures, videos, and the rest on the Facebook platform. The app also allows for businesses to build a page and showcase the services they offer on its page.
Downloading Facebook videos
We all know that downloading or saving a picture from Facebook on your phone is very easy. Almost everyone knows how to download or save pictures from their Facebook to their phones.
However, sometimes, when it comes to downloading videos from Facebook, it is usually kind of hard and confusing. Have you ever had this same experience? If truly you have, then you are on the right platform. Here, I will be showing you how you can easily do that.
How to download Facebook videos on desktop
Follow the steps below to download video on Facebook using your desktop:
- On your desktop, visit the official website of Facebook “https://www.facebook.com/“.
- The URL will take you to your news page if you are already logged in. But if you are not logged in, you will have to enter your email address as well as your password, then click on “Log in”. The sign-in box is located in the upper right corner of your page.
- Now go to the video that you wish to download and make sure that the video is set as “Public”.
- If you notice any “globe” icon just below the name of the person that posted the video, then you can easily download the video.
- However, if you notice a two-person silhouette or a lock instead of the “globe” icon, then you should have it at the back of your mind that you cannot download that video.
- Next is to right-click on the video you want to download and click on “Show video URL”.
- Copy the video link.
- Next is to visit “https://en.savefrom.net/” so as to open the “SaveFrom” website.
- Wondering what the “SaveFrom” is all about? Well, the “SaveFrom” is a website where you can easily download videos from Facebook just by entering links.
- Now, paste in the link of the Facebook video.
- Then click “Download”. Once you do this, “SaveFrom” will place your video quality to the highest.
- However, if you want to download the lowest video quality, simply tap “v” located beside “MP4 HD”. You can now pick a different option.
- As soon as you are done, click on the Download” button to automatically download the video.
How to download Facebook videos on your iPhone
- Firstly, you download the Documents app.
- Here’s how to download the Documents app:
- Launch the “Apple App Store”.
- Click on “Search” and click on the search bar.
- Next is to enter documents.
- Click on “Search”
- Now click on “GET”, which is next to the “Documents by Readdle” heading
- Input your “Apple ID or your Touch ID” when necessary.
- Secondary, go back to your Home Screen and open the Facebook app.
- If you are not logged in into your Facebook account, input your email address as well as your password. Then click on “Log in” to log in to your account.
- When you log in to your account, go to the video you want to download and make sure it is public. If it is public, you can easily download the video. But if you find a “two-person silky or a lock icon”. That implies that the video is private and you can not download it.
- Make sure you play the video, before moving on to the next step, so as to avoid link breakage.
- Click on “Share” and then “Copy Link”.
- Now open Documents.
- Launch your browser.
- Then click on the address bar.
- Next is to launch the “SaveFrom” site. Open the site by imputing “SaveFrom.net” into the search bar and then search.
- Paste in the address of the video.
- Click on “download” to download your video.
- Moving the video to your iPhone
- Here’s how to move the Facebook video to your iPhone:
- Be sure that you are on the Documents page and not the browser page.
- Next, click on the “Downloads” folder.
- Then click on the “3 dotted lines” that is beneath your video.
- Click on “Share”.
- To now save the video:
- Click on “Save to Files”.
- Choose a folder and click on “Add”.
- Open the file app of your “iPhone”.
- Then search for and open the folder you saved the video to.
- Now click on the “Share” icon.
- Lastly, click on “Save Video”.
On your Android phone
Saving or downloading a video from the Facebook app to your phone is never as easy as you think. You can only make this easy by including other third-party apps.
Although, there are some other apps that work separately for both Android phones and iPhones. But here, I will be introducing to you an app that works perfectly fine for both Android and iPhones. The app is called “Friendly for Facebook”.
So, below is how to download or save Facebook videos by making use of “Friendly for Facebook”:
- Download and install the “Friendly for Facebook” app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and click on “Add Account”.
- The app will ask you which service you would like to connect to. Choose to connect to “Facebook”.
- Next is to log in to your Facebook account (that’s if you are not logged in).
- If you are logged in, you can make use of “Friendly” instead of using the Facebook app.
- Find the video you want to save. When you find it, click on the “cloud-shaped” download button. It is located in the lower right corner. This will help save the video to your video library.
- However, some videos require you to play them before you can save them.