Before we commence with this article lets discuss what a Facebook Messenger is. Facebook Messenger is a messaging app and platform. This app was developed as Facebook Chat in 2008 but later the company revamped its messaging service in 2010. Facebook Messenger later released the standalone iOS and Android apps in August 2011.
Facebook Messenger Users can send messages and exchange photos, audio, videos, stickers, and files. They also react to other users messages and interact with bots. Messenger service also supports voice and video calling. The app enables users to use multiple accounts.
Sometimes we send a message on messenger by mistake. Have you ever been in a position whereby you mistakenly sent a message to someone but you don’t want them to see it? This article is about how you can delete a sent message on Facebook Messenger. Whatsapp has the feature of deleting a message that you have already sent but don’t want the person that you send it to view it.
Now the social media network giant Facebook has started rolling out the delete message for everyone feature. This feature will be available for both iOS and Android version of the app. However, the feature is only available for some first phase countries which include Colombia, Bolivia, Poland, and Lithuania.
How to delete a sent message in Facebook Messenger
Firstly, you have to Open the Messenger app on your phone.
- Kindly scroll to the chat window that you intend to delete the message.
- Choose the message and press then hold it for a while.
- Once you select the message you want to delete, click on the remove button.
- After clicking on the remove option, it will prompt you with the option – Delete for you and Delete for everyone.
- Choose the delete for everyone option, the message will be deleted immediately.