Deactivate Your Facebook. As the topic implies, this article is all about how you can deactivate/delete your Facebook. Have you been finding it hard to deactivate or delete your Facebook? Then you are on the right platform.
Here, in this article, you will understand the basic steps on how to Deactivate/Delete Facebook if only you read thoroughly to understand well. Before then, what is Facebook?
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social media platform where users interact with each other. Not only those you know, but Facebook is also a very large social media network used by billions of people as it opens doors for interaction with those you are familiar with and strangers too.
That is, on Facebook you can interact with those you know and even those you do not know. It is no doubt that most friends we have today are a result of the wonders of social media, Facebook in particular.
Users tend to send friend requests to each other, accept each other’s friend requests, and begin a conversation, from there they become friends.
The social media platform is also a great tool for business owners as they tend to create a page, start up a business, and grow their page on Facebook.
Deactivate Your Facebook
Do not get it twisted, deactivating your Facebook account is different from deleting it. Deactivating your Facebook doesn’t mean you have deleted your Facebook. It simply means that you gave it a break to come
back to use it whenever you want to.
But one thing you should know is that if you choose to deactivate your Facebook now, people won’t see your Facebook timeline until you reactivate it. However, all the messages that you have sent will still be visible to those you sent them to.
Reasons why people tend to deactivate their Facebook account
There are so many reasons people deactivate their Facebook of which include:
- Preventing others from posting on your timeline and many more.
Different people deactivate/delete their Facebook for so many reasons. It all depends on them.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook
Now that you have understood what deactivating your Facebook is all about and how it works, now follow the steps below to deactivate your Facebook. To deactivate your Facebook:
- Log into your profile on the desktop
- Click on the account menu down arrow at the upper right corner of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Now click on “Settings”.
- Click on “General” on the left column.
- Then tap “Manage your account”.
- Lastly, click on “Deactivate your account” and then confirm your decision.
Deleting Your Facebook
Like I said earlier, to deactivate your Facebook is different from deleting your Facebook. If you choose to delete your Facebook, you will never gain access to that account again. Also, Facebook warns that it may be up to 90 days to delete every damn thing you have posted.
Including your photos, status updates, or even other data that is stored in backup systems.
How to Delete Your Facebook
To delete your Facebook:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of your Facebook.
- Now scroll down a little and click on “Settings”.
- Next is to scroll down to where you have “Your Facebook Information” and click on “Account Ownership and Control”.
- Select “Deactivation and Deletion” and then click on “Delete Account”.
- Lastly, click on “Continue to Account Deletion” and choose “Delete Account”.
Before you delete your Facebook, I will advise you to download a copy of your information on Facebook as well as a copy of your Oculus information if you make use of your Facebook account to log into Oculus.
The reason is that once your Facebook is deleted, you will lose all that you have posted there earlier. Your Facebook information includes your posts and photos.