Overall, the benefits of social media Polls include:
- Easy to measure
- Easy to use.
- Real-time results
- Quick customer service feedback
- Participant anonymity
- uninfluenced response
To Create an Online Poll in a Facebook Group
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Click Write Something and select Poll.
- Enter a question and then click add option… to enter options for group members to select.
- Click Post.
To create a online poll on twitter.com
- Click to compose box at the top of your Home timeline.
- Click the Add poll icon
- Type your poll question into the main compose box.
- Insert your first poll option into the Choice 1 box, and your second poll option into the Choice 2 box.
- Click + Add a choice to increase the options to your poll. Note your poll can have up to four options.
- Your poll’s duration on default is set to one day. You can change the duration of your poll by clicking one day and adjusting the days, hours, and minutes. The minimum amount of time for a poll is five minutes, and the maximum is seven days.
- Click Tweet to post the poll.
How to Create a online poll on Instagram
Poll on Instagram app is incorporated in the Instagram story so you’ll need to create a new story post to use this function.
- Tap to create a post Take a photo or create your text and background post for your story. Leave room to add the poll to the post.
- To create a poll, tap on the Sticker icon (the square with the face) at the top of the Story screen and select the Poll sticker option.
Note: the default options are Yes or No
- Type in the question you want to ask in space provided. Next, type the question that you want a response to, so try to be so creative.
- Customize the poll responses, by tapping the box (yes or no) so as to change the response available. Although Instagram is limited to two response options it has been proven to be very effective because IG hosts lots of SME and their customers.
- After customizing your poll choice, tap on the check-mark or Done button (top-right corner of the screen). The poll sticker will center on the screen of your story. As with any other sticker, then you can place the poll by dragging it. You can also adjust the size of the poll options.
- Complete your story post and add it to your stories as you would any other post. So viewers scrolling through your stories will be able to vote on their choice. The first time they see a poll, they may even receive a notification pop-up letting them know what it is.
- Ensure push notifications is enabled so Instagram sends you notifications when someone votes.