Gmail email is a mailing service created by Google Inc. It offers free email account to subscribers as well as a paid email account. It also offers a robust spam filter and has an archive.
The Gmail email account is arguably the most popular email on the planet. To create a Gmail account is pretty straight forward and stressfree. Am sure there are several reasons why you might want Gmail email. Whatever the reason is we would set a straight guide to get you home and dry.
How to Create a Gmail Account
To create a Gmail account is easy, free, and quick. Below is are well-detailed steps you need to create a Gmail account.
- Click to Create your Gmail email
- Enter your first and last name in the field provided.
- Type in a username of choice. In the space provided to Choose your username.
- Enter the desired password for your Gmail email account in the space for Create a password and Confirm. Note: Pick a password is complex and can be remembered by you. Also, enable two-factor authentication for enhanced security.
- Click Next.
- You will be asked to verify your phone number. It is optional.
- Enter a mobile number and email address for account verification and authorization. Google the email provided in this step to recover a lost password.
- Fill in your birth date and gender in the fields provided,
- Click Next.
- Click “I agree” after reading the Privacy and Terms.
You won’t be able to complete the process until you agree. Once you click I Agree, you will be redirected to My Account page for the Gmail email just created. Enter your new Gmail account login to start managing your personal information.
Set Up Gmail Two-Step Authentication
Two-step authentication is an extra layer of security see off unauthorized access to your email account.
- Start by Launching a web browser
- Go to Google 2-Step Verification
- Next, Click on ‘Get Started’
- Then Click ‘Start Setup’
- Next Sign into your Gmail email account.
- Click to turn on 2 step verification and fill in the phone number in the option for “Voice or Text Message”.
- Then, Click on ‘Send code’.
- A verification code will be sent to the phone number entered. Fill in the verification code and click ‘Done’
- Click ‘Next’
- Finally, Click ‘Confirm’ to turn on 2-step Verification on your Gmail email.
Also know other cool stuff about Gmail including how to block emails, archive emails and pros, and cons of Gmail account.