What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus also called “Covid-19” is a very deadly virus that causes diseases in Animals. It is a dangerous virus that causes a severe illness that could even lead to death. The virus and seven others have been contacted by humans but most symptoms are cold-like. This outbreak was first recorded in Wuhan, China. And many of those initially affected worked either in the Huanan Seafood wholesale market in the center of the Chinese City or frequently shopped there.
How did the outbreak come about?
Okay, so many people have been asking questions on how the Covid-19 came about or how it all started. This deadly virus all started in Wuhan, China from a market that sells deadly animals including birds and fishes. The chances of contracting the virus from Animals to Humans from these markets are very high. Why, because the hygiene standard will be very poor if live animals are kept and killed on the site.
Well, the particular animal that brought about the virus is yet to be identified but it is believed that the original host is the bat. Although, Bats weren’t sold at the Wuhan market but might have infected animals sold there.
Most Zoonotic viruses including rabies, Ebola, and HIV were transmitted by bats.
What are the Symptoms of Covid-19?
Most cases of the outbreak recorded; dry cough, fever, fatigue (tiredness), breathing difficulties, and in severe cases, organ failure. The virus could also cause pneumonia and recovery depend on the strength of the immune system.
What to do if you have recently traveled from areas affected with the virus:
In the UK, the medical advice is that you should;
- Be indoors and avoid contact with others
- Contact NHS 111 to tell them of your recent travel to the area.
Can this virus be transmitted from one person to another?
Of course, the virus can be transmitted from one human to another human as confirmed by the China National Health Commission. When a person infected with the virus sneezes, and a few droplets drops on the hand of the next person, then there is no doubt the next person is likely to contract this virus. The virus can also be contracted when you touch your eyes, nose, mouth with your infected hands.
Note that this virus could also be contained in feces, blood, urine
What to do if you notice symptoms of the virus
- If you feel you have the Coronavirus, please try to do the below listed to avoid others from contracting the disease:
- Stay indoors
- Avoid going to school, work or other public areas
- Do not board a public car or bus
- Don’t go to shops to get edible items like foods, drinks and so on instead get family and friends to get them delivered to you at home
- Do not allow visitors to your home.
How do I prevent coronavirus?
The very first precaution to consider is washing your hands. Wash your hands always with soap and water for at least 20seconds. Wash your hands when you come out of the bathroom or toilet, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and also before eating.
- Do not go too close to sick people.
- Stay indoors when sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- When sneezing or coughing, cover your mouth with a tissue paper then dispose of them in the trash.
- Disinfect touched objects.
- Wear a face mask properly if infected or when caring for an infected person.
- Be smart and be at alert while traveling.