One of the worries after buying a chromecast is how to set it up. The chromecast setup mistery can be fixed with this post. Chromecast is one of the coolest devices out there. Personally, it makes me feel techy like Tony Stark (Iron man). It allows users to beam content on phone or tablet to a TV screen and it goes for as low as $35. Probably the best i have spent $35 on and so I decided to share my chomecast setup experience with you all. Because of that always the next difficulty after spending the $35.
Chromecast setup using your Android phone
Let’s get into the process quickly.
- First, plug the chromecast device to the TV’s HDMI input and plug it into the USB port on your TV as well. However, if the USB port is in use, alternatively get a power adapter and connect the chromecast to a port.
- Next, change the TV’s input channel to the Chromecast connection.
Okay, before continuing with the chromecast setup using your phone, do the following.
- Download the Google Home Android app available on the Google Play Store following the on-screen directions.
- Open the app and follow the instructions.
- Then, Tap “Add,”
- Tap on “Set up devices,” and then tap “Set up new devices” once you see your Chromecast appear.
- Link a Google Account to your Chromecast.
- Enable the app to use your location for the chrome setup and tap “OK.”
- The app will start scanning should Chromecast device. Tap Next when it shows up.
Just a few more steps
- At this point, the TV reveals a code confirming the Chromecast is in connection with the phone. tap “Yes.”
- You will be prompted to send device stats and crash reports to Google. Either Tap “Yes, I’m in,” or “No thanks” to agree or disagree.
- Next, choose where the Chromecast is in your apartment. You can create a personalize naming, just “Add custom room” and type in a name.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps then select “Set Network.”
- The chromecast might carry out a software update for a few minutes.
- Finally, the Chromecast device should launch.
You are ready to start enjoying the Google Cast experience. So the chrome set up is complete, you can start a cast icon will be seen on compatible applications on your phone. For instance when watching youtube videos, just hit on the cast icon and choose a device. As a result, the content on your phone will automatically show up on your large screen TV.
Also, Read Google Home Setup Guide To Get Started