It is important to clear your browser history regularly. Especially if your PC is accessible. You can delete all or some browser history.
On this post, we will go through various ways of clearing out the chrome browser history.
How To Access Chrome History
Below are the steps to delete browser history.
- Launch the Chrome app.
- Touch the more icon to the top right corner (the dot icon).
- Search the appearing list and touch history.
Clear your Chrome Browser History
To clear history on a computer.
Access the chrome history as in the step above
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Select how far back you want to delete.
- Next to “Time range,”.
- To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.”
- Uncheck others if you do not want to clear lets cache.
- Then Tap Clear data.
Delete An Activity On Chrome Brower History
To target and delete a certain history, Use the following step
- Access history.
- At the top right, tap Search.
- Enter the website URL or name.
- Check the item or activity you want to delete.
- Then click on clear.
Browse Privately in Incognito Mode (No Browser History)
What is the incognito mode?
This is a browsing mode where you can browse or surf the internet without Chrome browser keeping your track of history. Entering incognito mode means telling the browser that you want to browse outside it radar.
It is ideal when access important document or email on a public system or computer. It ensures no trail or password is left behind.
- At the top right corner of the Chrome browser, click the more icon.
- New Incognito Window. It is usually the third option on the drop down.
Voila, a new window will appear. where you can feel like a secret agent.
- Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press and hold Ctrl, Shift and N keys.
- Mac: Press and hold the command, Shift and N keys.
The new windows will be separate from the regular window but sam operation. You can minimize and access your regular window whenever you want.
Read how to disable chrome plugins and extension.