Best Android TV Remote Control App APK and iOS: Android TV by Google is a version of Google’s Android mobile operating system which has been configured specially for TVs. Android TV enables you to easily discover the contents which you will enjoy on your TV.
Be it from your own personal media collection through a media center software just like Plex, through one of your subscription services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, or the Google Play Music. And because of that, the Android TV differs from Android.
The media apps of your device are displayed as “ribbons”. Instead of them being greeted by a screen full of widgets or apps. Just like weather, stocks, or search.
For example, the Netflix app will display to you a ribbon of thumbnails from your watch next, in-progress, as well as your recommended movies and shows.
Android TV can also access the Google App Store. Here, you will see various kinds of apps that have already been designed for Android TV’s 10-foot experience.
That is, you will not find it very difficult to read small text any longer. Or trying to navigate apps that work only when you swipe your finger.
The TV also has Google Assistant that gives you voice control for all your TV content and your smartphone products. Google Chromecast technology is not left out. This feature enables you to cast videos and also initiate screen sharing from your browsers, apps, and smartphones.
Hot to set up your Android TV and Remote on Android and iPhone
Before you set up your Android TV, you must have a Google Account, if you do not have then you create one. Also, you must have a good Wi-Fi internet connection.
However, if your TV does not have an in-built Android Tv, you will need one HDMI cable, an external device with Android TV, and a monitor or a TV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports.
How to set up your Android TV and Remote on your Android phone:
- Connect your Android TV.
- Next, is to follow the onscreen instructions to pair your remote.
- Then set up your Android TV.
Set up your remote control app. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Go to the Apple App Store and download the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Next, is to connect your phone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then you open the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Once you open the Android TV Remote Control app, click on the name of your Android TV. If it still doesn’t work follow the troubleshooting steps that I will be showing you below.
- You will see a PIN appear on your TV screen.
- Enter the PIN on your phone and click on “Pair”
Trouble setting up the app?
Follow the steps below:
Check if your Wi-Fi connection is available.
To do that:
- Click on “Home” on your remote and select Settings.
- Then look for the name of the Wi-Fi network (it is listed close to “Network (SSID)” ). Also, make sure that the network is the same as the one on your device.
To change or check your phone’s connection:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Then click on Wi-Fi to either find your network or choose a different network.
Set up the app with Bluetooth
To do this:
- Turn on your Bluetooth.
- Next is to open the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Click on the name of your Android TV.
- You might get a Bluetooth pairing request on some TVs. Then you click on “Pair”.
- You will also get a Bluetooth notification on your phone. Then you click on “Pair”.
Restart your Android TV
To do that:
- Unplug the power cord. and wait for about 10 seconds.
- Then you plug in the power cord. and set up the Remote Control app.
Best Android TV Remote Control App
Below is a list of some of the best Android TV Remote Control App:
- TV manufacturer apps
- Twinone Universal TV Remote
- Unified Remote
- Google Home
- SURE Universal Smart TV Remote
- Phone manufacturer apps
Mi Remote Controller – for TV, STB, AC and more
The Mi Remote controller for TV, STB, AC, and more enables you to control all your electrical appliances using your phone. The Mi Remote is your next option whenever you can’t find your remote.
The remote also gives you all the pieces of information you need about your Favorite TV shows. This enables you to watch shows on your mobile device and even switch channels faster. In a nutshell, the Mi Remote brings watching TV to a totally new level.
The supported appliances include DVD player, camera, air-conditioner, projector, TV, set-top box, A/V receiver and so many more.
Their supported brands also include Sony, Videocon, Onida, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Haier, Micromax, Sharp and so many others that were not mentioned here. Supported phones are HTC, Redmi Note, Huawei, Samsung, etc.
CetusPlay is an all-in-one remote-control app for a smart TV which has received a lot of good reviews from those accessing it. This app can be used by both iPhone users and Android users and it can also be used for Android TV box/Fire TV/Android TV. CetusPlay is a multi-functional remote controlling app.
And it supports so many features like the touchpad, a mouse, and keyboard mode, as well as multiple navigation modes like the direction pad. Here, users can cast their local files from their phones to the TV. Including their videos, documents, photos, and others. Users can also enjoy Live Channels, just by adding local M3U file and casting to the TV.
The app enables users to easily and quickly launch all the TV apps from their mobile screens. And to also share screenshots when they watch social media.