Are you having difficulties with the Avast Antivirus on your device? You can simply follow my write up on how to Uninstall Avast Antivirus on your device. Avast Antivirus is one of the best free antivirus software programs that you can download. The Antivirus is a family of internet security applications developed by Avast. It is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
The Antivirus products include free and proprietary versions that provide computer security, browser security, antivirus software, anti-phishing, firewall, anti spyware, and anti-spam, etc. Avast is one of the most popular antivirus vendors in the market. The company has the largest share of the market for antivirus applications.
It is a tool that protects against threats from the internet, P2P connections, email, your local files, and instant messages. The Antivirus has a special Self-Defense mode that prevents malicious software from uninstalling Avast from your system. To uninstall it you need to disable the Self-Defense mode.
How to disable Avast Antivirus Self-Defense mode
- The first step is to open the user interface and click on the Menu button at the top of the user interface.
- Secondly, locate the Settings key and click on it, a new Settings window will open.
- Now, choose the General option and click on the Troubleshooting option from the sub-menu.
- Click on Enable Self-Defense option to deselect it.
- A window will pop-up asking you to confirm if you want to disable the Antivirus.
- Click on the OK option to confirm the change.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus
- Open the Start menu then type Control Panel.
- Choose the Control Panel app when you find it to open it.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- Kindly scroll down to the app and tap it.
- Click on the Uninstall button to begin the uninstall process.
- When you click on the Uninstall button, it will launch Avast’s configuration screen. There are several options available to modify the Avast installation.
- The main options available there are Update, Repair, or Modify.
- You will see the Uninstall key at the bottom of this window.
- Click on it to launch the Avast uninstall process.
- Now you have to click on the Yes button to confirm the uninstall process.
- Wait for some minutes so that the antivirus will uninstall.
- Lastly, Tap the Restart computer button to finish the process.
- From the guide, you can see the uninstall process is very simple, easy and straight-forward.