Audible launched in 1995, is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio information, entertainment and educational programming over the internet. As well as the world’s largest producer of downloadable audiobooks and the U.S. largest audiobook producer and retailer.
Enriching the lives of their users or listeners day-by-day with their customer-oriented approach to technological modernization and outstanding programs. Audible has also reconstructed a media category which is the driving force responsible for today’s audio entertainment modernization.
However, its content can only be accessed through special propriety closed software. As well as illegal playback prevention using an Amazon account.
You can buy a digital audiobook and listen to it on a well-suited Audible app, Kindle device. You could as well listen to it also on the Kindle reading app or fire tablet using audible.
On the 31st of January 2008, Amazon.com announced that it would be buying Audible for about $300 million. However, this deal went down two months later and Audible became a subsidiary of Amazon.
How do I cancel Audible Membership?
Canceling Audible membership is quite easy than you think. To cancel Audible membership, all you need to do is to follow the steps below:
- Visit the Account Details page on the Audible desktop site.
- Beneath View membership details, click on the Cancel membership button. After you must have canceled membership, an email will be sent to you as proof of your changes.
- Now follow the instructions and steps on the screen.
How to return an Audible book
To return Audible books, you must be a member, return the books within 365 days after purchase. You can as well return the book if you have listened to it and you will be refunded in the same way the book was being purchased. Assuming you paid with a credit, then surely you will get a credit back.
The return policy wasn’t created for you to make use of a single credit to listen to ten books. Rather, it was created so that you can feel relaxed trying different audiobooks. If you insult the return policy, you wouldn’t be allowed to return books. You will be contacted by customer care and of course, your account might be suspended. Audible also notice who is buying and listening to their audiobooks regularly.
Now, to return Audiobooks, all you have to do is:
- Visit Audible’s website and log in to your account. For reasons best known by them, this works only on Audible’s desktop site and not in the mobile app.
- At the top right of the page, tap your name and then click on Account Details on the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Purchase History option on your Account page.
- Here, you will see a list of all the audiobooks you have bought. Tap the Return Title button close to the title you wish to return. For any reason, if you aren’t able to return a book, it will read “Not Eligible for Return”.
- Now select why you are returning the book and click on the Return Title button.
Note that, if you purchase the book with a credit, you will use the credit again. If the book was purchased some other way, the refund will take up to ten working days.
Audible free books and trials
Are the audible books free? Yes! they are free. They give out a 30days free trial to all its new members for 1 month. But after 1 month is ended, you will have to start paying.
You can buy any audible book on Amazon Here.
What do you get?
- Your choice of 1 audiobook plus 2 Audible Originals.
- Exclusive audio-guided wellness program.
- And you will receive a friendly email reminder before your trial ends.
To start your 30-days free trial, all you need to do is:
- Sign in using your Amazon account.
- Your first audiobook is free. So choose any audiobook.
- Now download the free Audible app and start listening!
Audible’s Subscription and Gift card
Audible give their members monthly credits. You can exchange the credits for any audiobooks, two originals of your choice.
They also enable you to keep unused credits for up to 1 year before they finally expire, risk-free audiobook exchanges. And they give a 30% discount off the regular of all the credit card purchases.
The Audible Gift card includes 1 audio title of your choice plus 2 free original and exclusive fitness and wellness programs. The card is easy to redeem. All you need to do is just enter code at audible.com/giftredeem.