Apple Siri is regarded as one of the most intelligent apps ever created by Apple. It enables iOS to operate the mobile device and its apps with voice commands.
Thus Users can speak commands and get an audible response from Apple Siri. You can command the phone to send messages, make calls, and more.
Apple Siri also supports extended dictation, this allows users word into text in e-mail and text and in apps including Facebook, Twitter, and others.
How to use Apple Siri
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Alternatively just say “Hey, Siri” to activate Siri.
- Then Start giving command or question.
Enable/Disable Siri in the Settings app
iOS prompts you to enable Siri when setting up an iPhone. No worries if you find your Apple Siri app not working you can enable and disable it at will.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down then, go to tap Siri & Search.
- Next toggle on the switch for **Listen for “Hey Siri” to enable it.
- Also, toggle on the switch for Press Home to connect Siri to the home button.
- Finally, switch on to enable Siri When Locked iOS device is locked.
How to set up “Hey Siri”
To enable Apple Siri to respond even when you are not holding the home button.
- Scroll down on the setting and go to Siri & Search.
- Turn on the switch for “Hey Siri” on.
- Then tap to continue
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Tap Done.
Change Siri’s voice
To change Apple Siri voice or accent
- From settings, Touch Siri & Search.
- Go to Siri Voice.
- Go to the accent section and select from: American, Australian, or British.
- Choose gender: Male or Female.
Setup Voice Feedback
- Launch the settings app and go to Siri & Search.
- Next, Voice Feedback.
- Assess the options:
- Always On: To enable Apple Siri to give an audible response even on silent mode.
- Control with Ring Switch: To disable audible response on silent mode
- Hands-Free Only: To enable Siri to respond audibly only with the “Hey Siri” prompt on a Bluetooth device, headphones, or if you’re using CarPlay.
Secure Siri with a Passcode Lock
Apple Siri can be used to operate an iPhone without any touch. Hence, it is vital to ensure that Siri is inoperative when the iPhone is on lock mode
- Open the Settings app your iOS device.
- Go to Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter the device passcode.
- Scroll down and turn off the corresponding switch to Allow Access When Locked.