AOL Mail is a free web-based email service. The service is provided by AOL and it is a division of Verizon Communications. AOL Mail service is sometimes referred to as AIM Mail. “AIM” stands for AOL Instant Messenger. Although AOL Mail used to be a pay service presently it is free.
Users of this service don’t have to pay a dime before using the service. You can access the official platform, read all of its content, and check your aol.com e-mail for free. AOL Mail was launched on the 21st of March, 1993. The service is a web application and it is available in 54 languages.
The Web-based email service providers allow you to access your messages on your PC, smartphone, tablet or any other device with a modern Web browser. The Most Interesting part is that to use this service is free. All you have to do is to sign up a free AOL Mail account by visiting the AOL official platform.
How to Sign up for AOL Mail
- The first step is to Launch your browser and visit the official platform.
- On the website click on the “Sign up” link and Enter your name, email, password, Mobile phone number, Gender and your Date of birth.
- Then click on the “Let’s create your account” form, and choose the “Sign Up For Free” button.
- Note that an alternate email address is needed for AOL’s confirmation process.
- Now you have to Log in to your provided alternate email account and open the confirmation message from AOL.
- Choose the “Yes, I made this request” link in the message body to return you to AOL’s platform.
- Enter your password and select the “Sign In” button to verify and activate your account.
- After that kindly click on the “OK” button.
How to log in your AOL Mail Account
- Open your Web browser and visit the AOL mail official portal.
- Click on the Sign in link, you will be directed to another page
- On that new page, enter your username or email and click on the continue.
- You will be directed to your account dashboard instantly.
How to Cancel Your Free Account
- If you want to cancel the free account, you have to first sign in to AOL platform.
- Enter the answer to the security question that displays on your screen. You have to Click on the ‘Continue. button.
- Click on the ‘Manage My Subscriptions’ link and then click on the option ‘Cancel’ in Your AOL Plan Section.