AliExpress is an online retail service made up of small businesses in China and elsewhere offering products to international online buyers. However, AliExpress which was launched in 2010 is also owned by Alibaba. On AliExpress, you will find thousands of top Chinese exporters and suppliers selling millions of products at low wholesale prices.
Furthermore, AliExpress started initially as a business-to-business buying and selling portal. However, it has since expanded to business-to-consumer, consumer-to-consumer, cloud computing, and payment services, as well. It makes it easier for small businesses to sell to customers all over the world, and one could find almost anything for sale. Also usually compared to eBay, as sellers are independent, using AliExpress as a host to sell to consumers and other businesses.
However, AliExpress is different to Amazon because it acts only as an e-commerce platform and doesn’t sell products directly to consumers. It directly connects Chinese businesses with buyers. Sellers in AliExpress can be either individuals or companies. AliExpress doesn’t allow customers notably in mainland China to buy from the platform, even though all retailers are Chinese.
What You Need To Trade On AliExpress
If you are already making plans to shop on AliExpress, then definitely this article is for you. There are a few things you have to already keep or have in place for an easy and quick transaction. Below are a few things you could get before shopping on AliExpress.
- Money:- Yes, though you would not be needing a lot. But you will need enough to pay for the product or products you wish to buy. You also would have to pay for shipping and if required import/custom duty.
- Internet Access:- AliExpress.com is an online shopping mall, so you definitely need internet access to shop on the website. You can preferably use your own personal internet access or a secure cyber cafe to order products on the website.
- AliExpress Account:- An AliExpress account is another thing you will need to shop on AliExpress.com. If you already have an account go ahead and continue shopping. If you don’t, go ahead and create your free account.
- A Means of Payment:- Even if you have money in the bank, it is not enough. You also need to be able to make payment online. Mastercard and Visa debit/credit cards are recommended means of payment. You can also make payment via Wire Transfer, Western Union, Web Money, and Maestro Debit card.
- A Means for Receiving your Order:- When you order a product online it will be delivered to a physical address or the nearest post office.
How To Shop On AliExpress
If you have not shopped on AliExpress before, then these are guidelines you may need to shop easier and quicker. However, as you continue to shop on the site, you will gain experience and form your own methodology because these are mine.
Before going to a grocery store, you obviously have a list or already know what you would want to buy when you go in. Now before you just go online to AliExpress, identify what you want to buy and other related items you would what to acquire as well.
Identify A Goog Supplier
This is where you would want to put most of your attention. Finding a product on AliExpress is not really the hurdle, finding a reliable supplier is. However, AliExpress has made it easy for customers to identify a good supplier with a rating system for suppliers. Click on the Positive feedback rate to read feedback from other people who have bought products from the seller.
Check the Features and Specs
Once you are on the product page of your chosen seller, go through the features and make sure it is what you want. On this page, you will see the specs, features, and photos of the product. You would also be able to see the price and possible discounts. The shipping method and shipping cost are also made available here.
Order the product
If you want to order for multiple products, you could just click on Add To Cart button the product page of each product. After adding all products to the cart, you can then click on the Buy Now button. Note that if you are buying from different suppliers, the products will be shipped separately hence separate shipping cost.
Track Your Order
The supplier will then make arrangement to ship the products If your order is successful. This can take from 1 to 7 days depending on the supplier. Once the product(s) have been shipped, a tracking number will appear in the transaction area of your AliExpress account. With the tracking number, you can track the progress of the order on the shipping company used to ship the goods.
Recieve Your Order
- ADVERTISEMENT -
With the tracking feature, you will know when the products get into your city. If you use services like DHL, EMS, or FedEx, the product will be delivered to your doorstep. However, if the product requires custom duty or other taxes, you will be required to pay the duty before you collect the product.