The first thing you’ll probably do after buying a new PC or reinstalling Windows is installing apps. Windows 10 comes with dozens of amazing programs, but knowing which Windows Application are the must-haves make setting up the operating system easier.
In this article, We will be sharing our 7 top must-have applications for any new Windows PC in no particular order.
Google Chrome Web Browser
Google Chrome is the most popular web browser on the market, and for good reason. It provides an easy-to-use and clean interface, and a massive library of extensions. It is, however, resource-hungry and has a shaky track record in terms of privacy. The good news is that you may choose from a variety of amazing browsers, including Firefox and Opera.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is extremely popular, and for good reason: it’s completely free, it supports almost all file formats without the need for additional codecs, it can optimize video and audio playback for your device, it supports streaming, and it can be extended almost infinitely with downloadable plugins.
- Use VLC as a Video Downloader for YouTube
- Convert Videos to Any Format
- VLC as a Graphic Equalizer for Your Music
- Activate Audio Normalization to Protect Your Ears
- Play Internet Radio and Podcasts in VLC
- Loop a Section of a Video or Audio File
If you could only pick one cloud app, make it Google Drive. It comes with 15GB of free storage that can be shared across your Google account, including Google Photos and Gmail. Google Drive is much more than a cloud-based storage and synchronization service with a generous free storage plan. You can also use it to create, edit, and collaborate on documents. Here are some of the reasons why we love Google Drive:
- G Suite integration
- Plenty of third-party apps
- Excellent for collaboration
- Lots of free storage
- Full-featured free plan
- Top-notch security
We all know that Photoshop is the best Image Editing Software out there, But Paint.NET is one of the best free alternatives. The program is simple to use and has a number of handy picture correction options that help you improve your photos without sacrificing their quality. The desktop software features a customizable interface and editable layers that enable multi-level image manipulation.
Here are some of the reasons we love this application:
- Easy and convenient to use
- Many useful functions and effects
- Many plug-ins
- Clear and well-ordered user interface
- Online consulting and “how-to” tutorials
- Different formats for saving images after image editing
For everyday tasks, everyone requires a suite of office software. Although Microsoft Office is the most well-known solution, there are other free alternatives that mimic practically all of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other capabilities. One such software is LibreOffice, which has established a reputation as one of the greatest free office suites available.
LibreOffice is a branch of the OpenOffice project, and it’s developed by a large team of dedicated coders who provide regular updates and new features to stay up with commercial office software. What we love about this amazing application:
- Full suite of office software
- Compatible with all Microsoft Office file formats
- Offers desktop apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Can import and convert almost any legacy document
7-Zip is a powerful free file compression application that supports a wide range of file types and is generally simple to use.7-Zip is the industry standard when it comes to file compression and extraction software. It’s compact, takes seconds to set up, is simple to use, and keeps out of the way when not in use.
- The 7-Zip software has its own proprietary 7Z format, but it can also compress and unpack data in a variety of other formats (including TAR and ZIP) (like CPIO, DEB, DMG, ARJ, CAB, CHM). The 7Z format can also be used to create self-extracting archives.
- 7-Zip is incorporated into Windows, and it’s a better option than the built-in compression tool that comes with Microsoft’s desktop OS – the former has a lot more functions, including the ability to repair archives, for example.
- 7-Zip’s 7Z format, as well as ZIP files, have a high compression ratio. However, compression times are slower than those of other competitors’ software.
- AES-256 encryption is included, as well as the ability to encrypt file names and password-protect data. 7-Zip is accessible in 79 different languages and is available worldwide.
Screen capture options in ShareX include full screen, window, region, scrolling capture, and more. You can specify whether or not the pointer should be included in screenshots, set a timeout to postpone capture, and even conduct OCR on text. Onscreen activity can also be captured as a video or animated GIF. You won’t find a more powerful free screenshot tool than ShareX and here are some of its key Features:
- Multiple Capturing Modes: This not only captures the entire screen, but also presently selected windows, free-drawn capture shapes, one specific monitor in a multi-monitor setup, and more.
- Automated Capture: With this feature, users can snap screenshots at predetermined intervals. This is a handy function to have, especially if you need to time-lapse activities.
- Screen Recorder: If you need dependable and functional screen-recorded films, a screen recorder is an excellent choice. Users may quickly select a portion of the screen to capture and then export video files or animated GIFs.
- Other features: Users also have access to multiple upload options and methods, which allow users to upload screenshots taken recently and upload directly from the clipboard, file or upload directly from the files right-click menu on Windows Explorer.
When all of the above apps are used together, your new PC will have improved security, privacy, and performance. I hope you found this material useful! Please share it with your friends as well.
Also Read: How to Use Google Drive Login and Download