The portable document format (pdf) is a type of software that enables the electronic display of documents. On the other hand, these documents are not dependent on the hardware, software, or operating system on which they are viewed.
If you don’t know how to compress PDF files, they might become unacceptably huge, making them difficult to handle and transfer via email or other platforms. A few straightforward programs and apps can assist you in compressing and reducing the size of a PDF file.
These applications and/or programs support both standard and encrypted (password-protected) PDF files. Additionally, the approaches we’ll demonstrate can help you reduce PDF file size online without losing quality.
Without further ado, let’s examine how to compress PDF files without compromising on quality.
You don’t need to hunt for another PDF compressor if you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your device. This is because this utility has a pdf optimizer that aids in the reduction of pdf files without sacrificing their quality.
How To Compress PDF With Adobe Acrobat
- Select “Tools” from the top (Adobe Acrobat). Select the PDF Optimiser option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Reduce File Size from the toolbar options that display on the screen.
- A default option for file reduction will be applied automatically to the file you wish to minimize.
- The ‘Advanced Optimisation’ option provides access to controls for picture quality, fonts, transparency, and other characteristics.
- In the Advanced Optimisation box, in the top-left corner, select the ‘Audit Space Usage’ button to examine how much space each sort of element consumes within the file.
Apart from Adobe Acrobat, Smallpdf is the simplest application to help you reduce PDF File size without sacrificing its quality. The tool is available in both a premium and a free edition. This method can also be used to compress pdf files on mobile devices.
How To Compress PDF With Smallpdf
- Navigate to “smallpdf.com” and click “compress pdf” on the home screen.
- Select the file to compress and upload it.
- Immediately following the file uploads, you’ll be presented with two download options: a strong compressor and a basic compressor.
- The basic compression does not degrade the file’s quality, and it is a free version. As a result, you may choose that choice. However, if you’re looking for something with significantly smaller file size, you can go for the pro version, which has a high compression option.
- Once you’ve decided one, click the compress button to initiate the compression. When finished, click Download to download your newly compressed file at a much-reduced size.
This is another pdf compressor that compresses pdf files without sacrificing their quality; the only drawback is that this program has a maximum upload size of 24MB per file.
How To Compress PDF With Docupub
- Similar to the Smallpdf tool, Simply navigate to the website and upload the file for compression.
- Adjust the rescaling/resizing settings and then select “upload and resize.”
- The file’s size will increase or decrease. Following that, you can download to save the newly compressed file.
4Dotsfree pdf Compress
This is another option for compressing your pdf file. It is simple to use and does not require any technical skills. You can use both the paid and free versions of 4Dotsfree pdf compress, and you can use this program to compress multiple files.
How To Compress PDF With 4Dotsfree pdf Compress
- On your computer, download and install 4Dotsfree pdf compress.
- After installation, click on “Add file” to browse for and upload the file to compress.
- A menu will appear allowing you to alter the image’s quality.
- Finally, pick the “compress option” and then the “save” button.
This is specifically meant for Mac users, as it includes this feature, and enables users to compress PDF files without sacrificing their quality.
How to Use Preview when Compressing PDF Files on a Mac
- In Preview, open the pdf file. This should be the default option, however, it is not in some circumstances. If “preview” is not the default setting on your Mac PC, right-click the pdf file and select “open with preview.”
- Select “file”. Following that, select “export” in the “Quartz filter dropdown box.” Reduce the file size by selecting this option.
- The software will automatically minimize the size of your PDF file while maintaining its quality.
- Lastly, click “save” to save the newly compressed file to your Mac’s hard drive.
These are the five coolest ways to truly shrink the size of a PDF without sacrificing its quality, and we hope you found this information useful. Please do not hesitate to use the comment section if you have any queries or concerns.