Today’s article is centered on 2 step Authentication and how you can tighten your Gmail Account to Prevent Hacks. But before we dive into that let’s explain what a 2 step Authentication is. 2 step Authentication is a step taken to make sure your online accounts are secured.
How do I set up 2 step Authentication for My Gmail Account?
Have you been wondering how you could easily set up Gmail 2 step Authentication? On this platform, we will be showing you steps to follow in setting up Gmail 2 Step Authentication. If you really want to set up Gmail 2 step Authentication, all you have to do is follow what I will be listed below:
- Visit Google 2 step Verification via https://www.google.com/landing/2step/
- After you must have done that, click on Get Started.
- Then sign in to your Gmail account.
- To turn on 2 step verification, click. Now input your phone number beneath the text message or voice option.
- After you must have done that, click Send code. You will receive a verification code sent from Google.
- Then input the verification code and click Done.
- If you are on a trusted computer, check the Trust this computer then click Next.
- Now click Confirm to turn on 2 step verification.
How do I tighten my Gmail Account Security to prevent Hacks?
Here is what you should do to prevent your Gmail Account Security from being Hacked:
- Open your Gmail and put ON 2 step verification.
- To allow this, Sign in Gmail, then go to profile.
- Now select the My Account option.
- After you must have done that, click on the Sign in and Security option.
- Go to Password and Sign-in Methods.
- Turn on the 2 step verification option.
- After you must have done that, input your phone number, write the OTP you received on your phone, verify it and confirm the setup.
Note that, if you are using a personal or trusted computer to turn on 2 step verification, check the Trust this device box. Also, you will be asked to enter a verification code if only you sign to the account once in a Month.
- Make use of HTTPs protections in your Gmail.
- Always check if any unauthorized account is added to your Gmail.
- Cancel any unauthorized access to your Google account.
- Always monitor account activity. By so doing that, you can keep an eye on hackers.
- Always check your account settings to delete any mistrustful filter.
- Check Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Report on Google spams. Never click on any link that asks you to provide your personals Infos.
- Always use the virus scan feature for incoming and outgoing attachments.
- Always disable the Allow less secure apps option.
- Choose a strong password. A password that contains random words, numbers, and symbols.
- Configure the recovery option to get back a hacked account.
- Convert information and data into a code to prevent unauthorized access.
- Always go through the Google Security checkup at least once in a Month and keep systems updated.
- Learn to clear your browser history all-time, log out always and never disclose your password to anyone