In today’s world “Revolution” is the order of the day, and Uber is doing just that in the area of transportation. Uber is an American transport network company that connects registered Uber drivers to paying passengers. These drivers provide the transportation on their own non-commercial vehicles. The passengers and the drivers connect to the service via the uber website and mobile apps.
The company was founded by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp in 2009, with the headquarters currently in San Francisco, California.
As at the time of this post, the service is available in over 69 countries and 449 cities worldwide; some cities they operate in includes Washington D.C., San Diego, miami, Mumbai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar ,Chandigarh, Chennai,Belfast, Birmingham UK, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, lagos, Abuja etc
Different levels of Uber service
- UberX: The least expensive service. Seats 4 riders. UberX drivers must be 21 or older with a clean driving record. UberX cars must be model year 2006 or newer. uberx cars may include; Mazda 3, Ford Escape, Ford Escort, sedans, Toyota Camry, Honda accord.
- UberSelect: Uberselect is some what similar to UberX — the vehicles seat up to 4 passengers. vehicles under this category may include luxury cars like a Mercedes Benz, BMW, or an Audi.
- UberBlack: This is the option with the highest fare price. Uber’s executive luxury service.
HOW UBER WORKS
Whether you’re headed to work, the airport, or out on the town, Uber connects you with a reliable ride in minutes. One tap and a car comes directly to you. Your driver knows exactly where to go. And you can pay with either cash or card. No matter where you are going to it requires three simple steps;
- Choose your ride and set your location. You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- When you arrive at your destination, just hop out and uber will automatically charge the credit card on file. And there’s no need to tip. Not to be scared they have a flexible pricing and payment system, and affordable too.
Uber uses a metered system to calculate customer’s fare, The fare for any trip is calculated by adding base fare + time + distance.
As a driver, your fares will vary depending on the type of vehicle you drive and the city you drive in. Surge pricing may also impact your fares.
3. Rate your driver and provide anonymous feedback about your trip.
WHAT IS UBER SURGE PRICING
Uber Surge Pricing is when fare rates automatically increase, when the taxi demand is higher than drivers around you. The prices are surging to ensure reliability and availability for those who agree to pay a bit more. Price surging happens often at peak times in the morning and again in the evening rush hours when everyone is heading back from work.
Eligibility TO BECOME UBER DRIVER
These are basically what it requires to be eligible to become a driver; appropriate age, health, ability to drive,passing a background check. Both a smartphone and a vehicle may be leased. In countries were leasing is permitted, those who lease their vehicles to the drivers are called partners.
BENEFITS OF USING UBER
As a User, you can track the car picking them up on their smartphone, which allows them to know when it will arrive. A receipt will be automatically sent to their email. Other benefits includes; lower fare, easy dispute resolution, Convenience upon pickup, Convenience upon arrival, Better service
BENEFITS OF BEEN A UBER DRIVER
- You Drive when you want. As an independent contractor with the service, you’ve got freedom and flexibility to drive whenever you have time. Set your own schedule, so you can be there for all of life’s most important moments.
- Whether you’re supporting your family or saving for something big, They give you the freedom to get behind the wheel when it makes sense for you. Choose when you drive, where you go, and who you pick up.
You can also learn how to apply for Uber driver and also requirement before application. Click here for more info
Uber App for Android and iPhone(ios)
An app that is compatible on iPhone(ios) and Android devices. Uber App is an application set as side for their Customers, Drivers and Partners. This Apps has made the world a better place. With great business like this we can now book for our own private Taxi cab at the comfort of our home or office :).
The App is categorized in three(3).
- Uber Partners/Drivers App.
- Uber Clients App.
- UberDOST: Partner Referrals.
For more on the App and how to download it, Click Here to read more on the App. We have a full article specifically on the App.