Twitter tags. Tagging may be a way to make sure more people get to see your post or image,though its a great tool, but when you are on the receiving end, it’s not so much fun. It is like being on a Facebook group chat and you keep getting notification on what was said even when what is said has nothing to do with you (smiles). One of social media giants Twitter recently announced a new feature added to their platform. This feature gives you the opportunity to tag people to an image,and also gives others the opportunity to tag you.
This is called “photos just got social”. According to twitter: Tagging people in a picture makes conversations around photos fun and easy. And tagging doesn’t affect character count in the Tweet — you can tag up to 10 people in a photo and still have all 140 characters at your disposal, making it easier to connect with your friends. If you’re the one being tagged, you’ll get a notification. You can adjust notifications, as well as who can tag you, in your Settings.
How to disable notification for photo tags on android app
Step below will guide you. On how you can easily disable notification for photo tags, on any Android App. The method below has been tested successfully by our pro. This is something anybody can easily do.
- Enter/open your twitter app. If you down have one(1) you can download from Playstore. You can click the link Here to proceed to Google Playstore official website, where you can download Twitter.
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner of your screen. Quick and easy right?
- Click on the account you want to disable notification for.
- Then click on “Who can tag me in photos option” and select tour preferred option. This section helps you prevent unwanted tags. Only those you approve can tag you, and those you didn’t will never have the right to tag you.
I believe with the step above, you can now successfully set who can tag you on your Twitter account.
How to disable notification for photo tags on iOS (Apple device).
The guide below will as well guide all Apple users on How they can easily set who can tag them and on Twitter. This will also prevent notification from them as well. Lets get started.
- Open your twitter App on your iPhone, iPad or iPod etc…
- Go to your “Me” tab and click on the “gear icon”, that is, the icon that looks like a leaf at the top right corner of your device screen.
- Click on settings.
- Click on Privacy and Content.
- Click on Photo tagging.
- Set it to your choice.
That was easy right?
To disable notification for photo tags on web
- Visit twitter.com and login to your account
- Click on the cog icon,that is, the icon that looks like a leaf at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on security and privacy, then select your preferred option.