Skype is a freemium service that allows users send message and call one another around the world. It also provides video chat service, users can create conference call which is very useful tool in business communities. Users can send text, images, videos and other to one another. It is available for Android, Apple, Blackberry, Windows smartphones & tablets, Macintosh, Microsoft windows and others.
Users can communicate over the internet by video using webcam or by voice using microphone. Users can also do Skype-Skype call which is completely free of charge. The company makes their money when users are charged while making phone calls to landline telephones and mobile devices.
- Install Skype app: Android and iOS users can download the app free. Android users can find the application in the Google App store while iOS users can get it on the App Store. Some of the android devices that supports the application includes Thunderbolt, Flyer, Sony Ericsson’s Xperia PLAY; LG’s Revolution and Optimus Black and Motorola’s Droid 3, Atrix, Xoom, and Photon.
It is compatible with the following iOS devices; iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad(1 AND 2), iOS operating system that is compatible with the app should be iOs 4.0 and above.
- Setting up the application on your device: This can be done in two ways;
- For Android users
- For iOS users
- For Android: After the app for Android has been installed, Open the application. You’ll be required to sign into your account using your personal information such as username and password. Also, you will be notified to synchronize your contact with your mobile contacts. You can choose to either synchronize all contacts or you can choose not to sync any contacts at all.
- For iOS: Once the application has been installed, Open the application. You’ll be required to sign into your account using your personal information such as username and password.
NB: You must have opened an account already in order to be able to sign in. In the situation where you’ve not created an account, you can either signup on your mobile device or visit the Website directly to do so.
Making a call with Skype
- Skype-to-Skype calls are completely free although they charge users on limited data plan. To make a Skype-yo-Skype call, you’ve to open your contact list first. Android users can go to their contacts list and click on the icon that says ”All contacts” and choose the ”Skype” option. iOS users should open their contacts list, then tap on ”contacts” button on the upper left corner, it will take you to another page where you’ll choose the ”Skype contacts”. Then choose the person you want to call in your contact then tap on ”call”
- Skype-to-Skype calls: Making a regular phone call with Skype is quite easy. Just tap the phone book contacts icon and choose a number you wish to call and call the person using the mobile application.
Signing in with Microsoft account:
- Open the application and click on name, email or phone.
- Then enter your login information and select Sign in.
- Input your password and click on continue. Hurray you’re now signed in.
If you’re a new user and you don’t have a Microsoft account. Not to worry because i’ve got you covered..
Go to Skype.com from you browser to download the application.
Run the application and click on ”Create an account” icon.
Then follow the account creation process.