Kik is a trendy, cross-platform smartphone online messenger app that allows you to instantly connect with friends, groups and the world around you through chat without needing phone number for signup,just pick a username, an email address and a password.it is made for iPhones, Android, Windows, and Blackberry phones.It runs well on Android 4.0 and above.It is compatible with windows 10 mobile,windows phone 8.1,and windows 8 devices.
It is a good substitute for whatsapp because it requires no phone number for registration.
Why choose kik messenger?
Kik messenger was built to mimic the look and functionality just like smartphone SMS text messaging, except of course it works with user profiles and username to chat with friends as opposed to swapping phone numbers. Here are some of the features you can expect to get out of using it.It is a great substitute for regular sms messaging,which uses very little data charges,it also have amazing fonts
Features of kik messenger
- Kik allows you to choose who to chat with on a one-on-one basis and in groups,also with bots too.
- Share pics,gifts,videos,games and more
- Users can connect with each other by searching for a particular user’s username,scanning a kik code or by entering their mobile numbers.
- Live typing which allows you to see when the person you’re chatting with is typing, also you can know when your message has been read by the recipient.
- Chat customization which allows you to choose what color you want for your chat bubble.
- You can also play games like monster blocks,word swaps and more with friends
- Browse the web without actually leaving the messenger which can be done be scrooling to the left where you’ll see the search button on the top left.
- It can also block people, and in the process, stop your phone from beeping with new messages from unwanted admirers by the following steps:
How to block unwanted people from accessing your profile on www.kik.com
Follow the steps below to block unwanted people from accessing your profile:
Tap the gear icon at the top of the Kik home screen.
- Tap “Chat Settings.“
- Tap “Block List.“
- Type in the username of the person you want to block or press the + button in the top right and browse your contact list manually.
Getting started with www.kik.com
Kik is compatible with a variety of devices such as android, ios, windows, and blackberry devices.
- For android users,you can download it from Google play store. Click here to download,
- iphone users can download it here,and
- windows users can download it here on the windows phone marketplace.
Once you have installed the app, Kik will automatically ask you to create a new account or sign-in if you already have an account. All you really need is to fill out some basic information (like your name and birthday), a username, an email address and a password.
You’re all set to go!