There are several things that could account for poor battery life, such of which includes- 3G/4G networking, Bluetooth and Location Services and frequent checking of social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp and mails etc. FaceTime calls and other streaming services cause more damage; the good news is that the new IOS 9 has a low-power mode.
It works this way, when your iPhone battery level gets to 20% iOS 9 alerts and prompts you to enter Low Power Mode. If you accept it, it will pause Mail fetching, stop automatic downloads and reduce visual effects that drain the battery.
Full Guide on how to Improve your iPhone Battery Life
Other things you should pay attention to in other to extend tour battery life are:
- Learn to switch off your Bluetooth from the control center when it is not in use, because Bluetooth OS is a big battery drainer.
- learn to dim you screen. It is most preferable to set your screen brightness to auto-brightness. To do this simple go to Settings > Display & Brightness and switch on Auto-Brightness.
Also set the screen to dim after a few minutes’ inactivity
- background services that periodically check for new content, such as Facebook and Twitter, can also be switched off.
- learn to switch off locations services. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn it off. You don’t have to worry about finding a lost phone, find My Phone will override this if you need to locate a lost phone.
- One of the most important point to note is this; Stop 3G Sync.
To do this go to “Settings” => “Videos” and make sure that Show iTunes Purchases is not enabled.
Because if it is enabled your iPhone will stream videos from your iTunes account as well as playing those already stored on the device, and this will sure have a major effect on your battery draining rate.