Note: this method applies to all nokia phones.
Things needed before flashing any nokia phone
- NafiFirm to download Firmware. Download here
- PC Suite (to detect only)
- Compatible data cable as the connector.
- Phoenix in 2009 to Flash Firmware. Download here
- Patches. Download here
- Nokia Firmware Hack by PNHT (Select the appropriate phone that will be in the hack):
Hacking his way (READ vigilance!):
1. Download the firmware via nafiFirm. Product code must be fitted. Code and type depending on the country & the original code is behind bateray (*). The speed and size depending on the firmware download files (If you’ve got me, yesterday arrived at 144Mb). The file will be downloaded a lot (images Nafifirm, far right / no.4), about 8 file (it depends FW). Can download one by one.
2. Copy file2 Download this result to C:Program FilesNokiaPhoenixProductsRM-xxx, if there is no folder “RM-xxx”, create it with the name “RM-xxx”. RMxxx it-type, depending on the cell phone, if you type RM-356 like the one drawn then, you create a RM-356.
3. Copy of Nokia Firmware Hack (Basic no.4) into the same folder (overwrite). If it fits in the copy does not exist message “overwrite?”, Do not copy first. Go into the folder C:Program FilesNokiaPhoenixProductsRM-xxx search 9MB file size continues to delete the file. After that replace the deleted files had to hack the file that you downloaded earlier. But with me rename the file “firmware hack” it with the same name with a 9MB file that you deleted earlier.
4. Connect the phone with PC Suite mode.
5. Run Phoenix.
6. Select Product Scan
7. Select Firmware Update
8. Select Refurbish and wait until the process is complete. (Later USB phone will be disconnected and restart).
9. Select OK
10. Once successful, then ekstract Patches folder that you downloaded earlier to the E:
11. Open Rom Patcher (hack applications are automatically installed during the last phoenix).
12. Add to Apply and auto two existing patches in Rom Patcher
(*) If when opening nafifirm but the product code does not match, means the code has been changed. Suppose you are a Type N97 RM-505 and the product code listed on the back of the battery is 0586299 but in nafifirm application, product code 0586299 for the type of RM-505 is missing. That means its code is changing. How to check / know the product code should use NSS applications. First download the application here.
How to use:
- Open NSS applications.
- Plug the USB cable (PC Suite mode).
- Click the “Phone Info” (left side up).
- Click the READ button on the column data Productions Edit.
- If the phone is not detected / No posts “Reading Value …… Error!”. The solution, Close NSS application -> off the USB -> Uninstall PC Suite -> Connect the cable to the phone again (fixed mode PC Suite Nokia PC suite even though it was missing) -> Open again NSS application, follow the steps again.
- After clicking on the READ button, the product code will be caught.