www.gmx.com is a chargeless exhibition email service which Global Mail Exchange offers. Germany calls it Global Message Exchange.
www.gmx.com – GMX Mail | Overview
Customers can access the site’s mail through POP3, IMAP4 and web mail. The site began in 1997 and is a subsidiary of United Internet AG, a stock-index company in Germany, and a twin company to 1&1 Internet and Fast hosts Internet.
In extension to an email address, every GMX account includes a File Storage, Organizer, Mail Collector and Address Book. Customers can register up to 10 personal email addresses. Prime or not, pop up adverts shows up at logins for customers.
GMX is presently the only major email provider to support popup ads. At present the site has more than 11 million effective customers. The company’s U.S. data center is in Lenexa, Kansas.
www.gmx.com | Functions
Additional functionalities of GMX includes:
- File sharing capabilities
- Virus and spam protection
- Fetching external POP3 accounts
- Drag and Drop capability for files and emails
Email accounts can be registered with a choice of .com, .co.uk and .us, amongst many others. Users can register email accounts with the use of .co.uk, .us, .com, amidst others.
It allows the extension of up to 10 add-on addresses at the site’s different jurisdictions. It’s “mail collector” allows for the selection of email from most costless email providers including Live, Hotmail, Yahoo and GMail as well as send mails from these addresses, allowing the administration of multiple accounts from one single point. Another trait is its active community cooperation, where customers can suggest traits.
The site created lightly different clients for their customers in Germany and for those outside Germany. Both remain costless for email service, and will direct customers to the correct login website through geo-location technology, to gmx.com or gmx.net respectively. The Mail service basis is on Qooxdoo, an open source ajax web application framework.
gmx.net | Growth
Following the close down of Lycos Europe and its choice to close Caramail, a popular French web mail service, in February 2009 the site acquired the Caramail domain name and referred older Caramail users to its new service. In 2010, the site bought American internet domain Mail.com and its email customers.
www.gmx.com | gmx login and Sign up
If a customer is willing to enjoy all the gain this site can give, then the customer needs to sign up by following the procedures written below. These information will give you maximum access to the free email service on this site.
- Launch your web browser and type in the url as www.gmx.com in the address bar section.
- Click on the sign up button at the top right section on the gmx.com homepage.
- This is the page where you sign up and you need to enter your data including your email address. Enter your personal information such as name, address, Desired Email Address, country, and other information.
- Be sure to enter a password in the password bar and complete the confirmation process to prove that you are human and not a robot.
- Now click on the I Accept Create My Account interface to complete the signup process.
Gmx mail sign up option gives customers the options to make use of the url address of their choice e.g @gmx.us or @gmx.com as part of their Desired Email Address. A client can use the login steps below to login to his or her account. This can only be done if you have successfully completed the signup steps.
Gmx login Steps
Logging into the gmx mail site is very quick and easy. For you to login, you need to create an account which is the signup process above. But in case you have created an account you don’t need to sign up again.
All you need do is to access the Gmx login page and enter your login details which are your password and email address. Below is a sequential procedure to guide you on the login step to access your account.
- Open your web browser and type in www.gmx.com in the web address bar.
- From the homepage click on the login button located on the top right corner f your device.
- Input your email address and password in the appropriate crossbar. Make sure you enter your correct login information.
- Check if the login information you entered is correct before clicking on the login interface.
- Name: GMX Mail
- Type of site: Webmail, POP3, IMAP4
- Owner: GMX Internet Services, Inc. (subsidiary of United Internet).
- Launched: 1997
- Registration: Required
- Users: 11 million active users
- Available in: 4 languages | gmx.net: German | gmx.com: English, Spanish and French
- Current status: Online
- Commercial: Yes
- Content license: Proprietary