Google Gmail Offline is an extension for Google Chrome browser that synchronize your all your mail for offline usage. Users who installed the extension could add multiple Gmail account for offline reading. After coming back online, Google Reader updates all Mails.
The Gmail offline is an amazing App/extension. It runs smoothly, syncs quickly and fully featured, and despite the name, it’s not just for Offline. There’s nothing wrong with regular Gmail, but the interface is more modern and consistent.
Features of Google Gmail Offline
Gmail Offline is a Gmail app built to support offline access, allowing mail to be read, responded to, searched and archived without network access. After first start-up, Gmail Offline will automatically synchronize messages and queued actions anytime Chrome is running and an Internet connection is available. More than just an offline app, the streamlined user interface, based off Gmail’s popular tablet interface, provides extremely fast response time with a pure, email focused experience.
Setting up Gmail Offline
Below, is a simple step by step guide. On how you can easily setup Gmail Offline. This guide has been tested and modified for easy use. Even a novice should understand.
Things Needed before using Gmail offline
- You must have a Gmail/google account. If you dont have one, visit: accounts.google.com to create/signup.
- You must have Google Chrome or Torch Browser before you can use Gmail offline. If you down have Chrome Browser click HERE and Torch Browser click HERE.
- Internet for the setUP.
- OK. That is all for now.
Let us get started:
- Download and install Google Chrome browser or Torch Browser. Then click sign in to your browser.
- Open a new tab, click on “Apps” on the left edge of your browser (Refer to image above), as it will take you to a “Chrome Web Store ” page, where you will find other extension for your browser, or Click HERE to go directly to the page or Go to google.com and search for “Gmail offline“.
- The above image, shows how Google chrome web store looks like.
- On the search box at the left, search for “Gmail offline“. The result shows in the center.
- Click “ADD TO CHROME“.
- After clicking add to Chrome, you’ll see a popup like the one in the image above, Just click on “Add app” this will add Gmail Offline to your chrome extension.
- Since you have successfully added Gmail to your browser extension, it is time to set it up, like adding all your mail for offline synchronization.
- To access Gmail offline, open a new tab and click on APPs from the left edge of your browser (Refer to the image above).
Lets add up our Gmail Account:
- Open Gmail Offline and it immediately takes you to a page where you will login with your Gmail username and password.
- After success in login, Gmail offline initiate an immediate synchronize for all your mail, and this mails can be accessed anytime with or without internet.
- That’s all.
Design and Features of Gmail Offline
- Your mails are listed on the left.
- Content of any selected mail is displayed in the middle.
- From the bottom left, you can add multiple Gmail accounts. This accounts can be accessed anytime, Offline or Online.
One thing I love so much about Gmail Offline is the Flexibility and how Friendly it is to users.
- To access your Inbox, Spam, Personal notes etc… click on the Menu, at the top right to view your Inbox and others.
Some important Links:
These link where listed above, but for quick navigation, you can still access them below: