Did you accidentally drop your iPhone in water? YES.
Ooh, Then what are you waiting for, quickly bring it out of the water ….Most people would buy a whole new iPhone at this point, especially since most warranties don’t cover water damage, but you may not have to. A water damaged iPhone can be repaired, if you know what you’re doing; however, there is no completely foolproof method of repairing a water damaged iPhone. This tips should at lease help.
- Turn it OFF to prevent short circuit inside the iPhone by pressing the button on top of the iPhone .
- Remove the battery and the sim card from the iPhone
Removing The Water
You can always remove excess water by various means, Try absorbing all the waters as possible with a towel, wrapping your iphone with Newspaper and then shaking. Try everything possible to remove the kind water, after that only few droplets of water will be left inside phones which can be removed or dried following next few steps.
- Use an Ear swab(ear-bod) to absorb drops of water around those areas where your finger, papers and towels can not reach use ear buds to clean those area, You can make your own by using cotton and needle to clean it up.
- Vacuum Cleaner: You can also use vacuum cleaner to suck extra water out of iPhone. If you have Air blower that can also be used at low temperature setting to dry it. Any kind of Air blower or dryer can be used, basically water will vaporize when air blows through the iPhone, remember Air and water can reach in tiny holes which we can’t even see.
- Now You Have to Freeze your iPhone . HOW? Cool it’s easy.
- Put the iPhone in the fridge. It sounds bizarre, but the cool air will draw out any moisture safely. Make sure to place it on a towel first and do not put it in the freezer or the LCD screen will be damaged. Take it out every ten minutes to check on it until it is dry.
Pull Your iPhone Apart
If you’re technologically savvy, as a last resort you can pull apart your iPhone and dry and clean each piece individually and put it back together again. You have nothing to lose. The warranty is probably already null from the water damage and some iPhone users have done this before and had their iPhone working again. You may find that you have to replace a few pieces, but this is still cheaper than a complete replacement or having the Apple company repair the Iphone for you.
Funny But It Works(RICE MAGIC)
Towel dry it and put your water damaged iPhone into a plastic bag full of rice and put your iPhone inside the rice. Place the bag in a warm, dry area for one full day. The rice helps remove moisture from the phone with out damaging it.
One of the worst things you can do with an iPhone is to get it wet