Currently available to Pre-paid and Post-paid subscribers.
- Real time push email delivery of your emails to your BlackBerry
- Easy setup of your email accounts, directly on your Blackberry or on our web site
- In addition, a free Blackberry email account, just for you – your username@Airtelng.blackberry.com
- Use your Blackberry from Airtel Nigeria around the world
- Full Technical Support provided by Airtel Nigeria
Airtel blackberry plans
BlackBerry Internet Service details
· Real time push email delivery of your messages
· Automatically checks for new e-mails every 2 – 15* minutes and delivers new messages to your BlackBerry Handheld
· View attachments including pictures, web content, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Work Excel and Power Point documents
· Internet and WAP Browsing including (5MB of data included per month)
· 12-month license for IM+ Instant Messaging application
· One click access to BlackBerry HELP! For quick, up to date device and service tips and tricks
· Instant access to your BIS account administration page via “Email Settings” icon
With BlackBerry Internet Service you can
· Manage up to 10 separate e-mail accounts
· Create e-mail filters and define which messages are sent to your handheld based on key words and message fields such as ‘sent from’, subject and priority level
· Specify a ‘sent from’ e-mail address so any messages you send will appear to be sent from this address
· Wireless e-mail reconciliation – messages moved or deleted from your handheld will automatically be moved to the appropriate folder on the BlackBerry Internet Service / moved to the Deleted Items folder wirelessly – no synching up required!
SPAM and BlackBerry Internet Service
BlackBerry Internet Services features basic anti-SPAM filtering to help reduce, but not eliminate, unwanted junk email for the optional @Airtelng.blackberry.com email account. BlackBerry Internet Service will not filter any SPAM email from your integrated POP3/IMAP email accounts such as Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, Google Gmail, MSN, and Hotmail. You will need to configure your anti-SPAM settings for these services. For details about anti-spam features on these and other email services, please contact your email provider. They may be able to assist you in configuring your email accounts to reduce unwanted SPAM email which will not be delivered to your BlackBerry.
Note: If your company is currently using Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell GroupWise with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and you would like to use your BlackBerry Internet Service with your corporate e-mail please contact your company I.T. Help desk.